My Experience with AliExpress & Tomy/Thomas Knockoffs

6 Replies, 14015 Views

This was my second knockoff item purchased fro a seller on AliExpress.com. What I have noticed in the listings on AliExpress they tell you the expected "Processing" your order time which in some cases are a few days to a lot longer. This seller listed the Processing time as 7 Days and that is what it took them to get this in the mail.

When I saw this knockoff Thomas set I was only interested in the 24 hour store that came with it. The set is real inexpensive and I love to add buildings that are different and not the normal ones that everyone has. Alas, I thought the building looked bigger in the pictures I had seen of it. Too small for my liking. The set isn't as well made as what we are accustomed too but really not that bad if it was just used to play with and not as a collectors item. Its strange as the 2 coaches are both Annies what I do like on them is that the opposite ends of the faces there are stickers showing doors. The motor is surprisingly quite quiet. In the last picture I have laid side by side examples of the No Name tracks that came with this set, the Dumica tracks that came with the knockoff Steam train set and a Tomy. They are almost identical and fit nicely together. The no name color is just a tad bit off from the Tomy but the Dumica is almost the same. Of course it can't compare quality wise to our Tomy's but if you wanted to take a set somewhere like on a picnic or beach for a young child to play with and didn't want your good stuff ruined, this would be worth it. Sort of like only bringing out the good china dishes when important company comes over for dinner. Big Grin

[Image: 006_zpsaws1nk2i.jpg]

[Image: 009_zpsibdgx7yy.jpg]

[Image: 010_zpssqpfzsaq.jpg]

[Image: 013_zpscsb0s4ka.jpg]

[Image: 016_zps40zflz8i.jpg]

[Image: 021_zpsgbxo7srb.jpg]

[Image: led_zpshyprxg1c.jpg]

[Image: 1003_zpsxes3aiag.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, DalaGStanator

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Experience with AliExpress & Tomy/Thomas Knockoffs - by Super - 02-04-2016, 11:19 PM