Riser/Girder Caps for Tomy Plarail / Tomica

24 Replies, 30337 Views

Hi everyone,

I have good news! Smile

Remember the girder caps in the Plarnold's New Doctor thread?

For those who haven't seen them before:

Riser Caps Picture 1

Riser Caps Picture 2

Here is a Youtube video of the grey version of the caps which I bought from my friend. (This video is only for this website. Please don't share this without my permission. If you would like to share this video, please PM me).

It's also my first attempt at a video. Smile

For a limited time, my friend is willing to make them for everyone here on BluePlasticTracks.

The prices he gave me are NOT including shipping+handling.
All prices in US Dollars.
Minimum order 36 caps (fits 18 girders in total). Exceptions may be possible depending on order size (large or small).

Yellow Caps:
0-49 = USD $1.45 per cap
50-99 = USD $1.20 per cap
100+ = USD $1.00 per cap

Grey/Gray Caps:
0-49 = USD $1.60 per cap
50-99 = USD $1.30 per cap
100+ = USD $1.05 per cap

Caps are tested on 3rd and 4th generation block risers/girders. Due to the variations in moulds throughout the 55 years of Plarail/Tomica World/Trackmaster, some fits may be tighter/looser than others. If you don't know the differences between the generations of block risers/girders, it is extremely likely that you have 3rd or 4th generation block risers/girders.

Various postage methods are available depending on how much and how fast you want it.

If you want more details or make an order, PM me.

-plarnold
[-] The following 3 users Like plarnold's post:
  • NWRMainLineTerminal, sunhuntin, Super
Hmmm...you have my interest Plarnold

First a couple questions:

Do the caps you have fit tightly on the riser/girder like they risers themselves do on top of each other? A snug fit would be needed to keep the rail locked down and prevent them from popping off on their own.

Can he make them, and match the shade on the light gray riser/girders?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
@Super,

The caps fit tightly and lock down the tracks well. I made an oval track with all of the girders covered with these caps. I could lift the entire oval by the rails and move the whole thing from one place to another without breaking the setup. With one hand, I can drag the entire track along the ground without breaking it.

At the moment, there are only yellow ones and dark grey ones (in the shade of Plarail Advance girders). I will have to ask if light grey ones can be made.

-plarnold
Thanks Plarnold
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Hi everyone,

I have an update!

Currently there are only yellow ones available because they are the default colour for the girders. Whether there will be light grey ones really depend on how much interest there is for the yellow ones.
It costs them to change materials and calibrate machines. For items with limited interest from hobbyists such as these caps, these costs can be significant.
If it wasn't because of me, these things would probably have never been made or be extremely expensive (apparently a lot more expensive -_- ) because of the limited interest and the amount of testing and time required.

So, for the time being, if anyone wants the yellow ones or have any more questions, just PM me or post here.

-plarnold
The pictures are dead on the original post is there any chance they can be uploaded again?
Oh dear. I'll do that as soon as possible.

Thanks Tramp! Smile

-plarnold
I've fixed the photos. They should be visible now. If anyone has any problems, just post.

-plarnold
I thought people were interested in these caps. :|

Now it seems as if no one is interested.

-plarnold
plarnold, dont be discouraged. if i built with these more, i would be interested, but i dont use girders all that often.

i think super is interested, but he hasnt be online for the last 4 days. might be on holiday?
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/