thomas and friends mini series

3311 Replies, 4380621 Views

I am glad I finally checked back in here!! We'd been looking at our local Walmart since late spring and never did see wave 2. Then, lo and behold, at a different, larger Walmart, came across what is apparently wave 3 blind bags! Now I'm worried we will have missed the wave 2. They also had the two newer 8 packs, but only the original wave 1 3 packs. Not sure if it's Walmarts issue or FP. ?. Hoping we can find the wave 2's we want and that we actually get a wave 4 that should have the chillin Skarloey. We did get some of the DC trains today.
WOW!! Great collection Cougar! Thanks for sharing...my sons first response was holy cow! Smile that was a new one!
[-] The following 1 user Likes OSantana's post:
  • cou10gar
Has anyone in the US come across Wave 3 yet? I thought I read an earlier post about someone in CA...wondering if they've reached the east coast yet...
(09-06-2015, 01:05 AM)drogio Wrote: Has anyone in the US come across Wave 3 yet? I thought I read an earlier post about someone in CA...wondering if they've reached the east coast yet...

No wave 2 or 3 in Northeast Ohio. Angry
Yes southern CA has had wave 2 (I have found them at multiple walmarts) and 3 including the first set of the DC Super friends. But those were only at one. Keep looking!
(09-06-2015, 01:10 AM)roberte Wrote: No wave 2 or 3 in Northeast Ohio. Angry

Actually, I just came across wave 3 today. We'd only had wave 1 in my local Walmart, but stopped at one south of us in a larger city and they had wave 3. Don't think I saw any wave 2s though, which is worrisome! Hoping our local rural Walmart gets both wave 2 and 3 soon!! We are northwest Ohio.

(09-06-2015, 01:05 AM)drogio Wrote: Has anyone in the US come across Wave 3 yet? I thought I read an earlier post about someone in CA...wondering if they've reached the east coast yet...

Seems very hit and miss! We've been looking since late spring for wave two, NW OH. Today found some wave 3s in a larger Walmart. Don't know what happened to the 2nd wave, but hoping all the stores start getting the 2nd and 3rd waves in stock soon!
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015, 01:57 AM by August75.)
(09-05-2015, 11:51 AM)Thenewduckthegwr engine Wrote: Because your in expert on minis do you know when wave 5 is coming out or is there gonna be no wave 5

there likely will be, but i dont know for sure. the poster i linked to is from the wiki, so thanks to jdog. where he found it i dont know.

cougar, your collection is very impressive!
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2015, 02:25 AM by sunhuntin.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • cou10gar
does any one know when/if the comic con minis will be released in stores without the exclusive ty.

(09-05-2015, 12:41 PM)sweepe07 Wrote: ty for the info

looked a boxs today they looked liked the spaces are too small for minis.
I took one with me and held it up to box could not open box as they were shrink wrapped
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2015, 01:11 AM by sweepe07.)
(09-07-2015, 01:01 AM)sweepe07 Wrote: does any one know when/if the comic con minis will be released in stores without the exclusive ty.

looked a boxs today they looked liked the spaces are too small for minis.
I took one with me and held it up to box could not open box as they were shrink wrapped

Hey guys, these are the boxes I use for my minis. They hold 30 minis because 2 of the compartments are smaller than the others. I just put some Mini Art in those compartments. Here is a pic of the boxes on the website and a pic of One of my boxes.
[Image: 1558A37C-0B69-4CA9-BAF0-88E18A3DE240_zpslkotadn3.png]
[Image: 0BEBD946-1DCB-4EB5-8D47-4571825F03D3_zps3vazn1ll.jpg]
Hope this helps you out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cou10gar's post:
  • sweepe07
That is the most complete collection of MINIS I've ever seen cou10gar. Very nice!

(09-05-2015, 11:51 AM)Thenewduckthegwr engine Wrote: do you know when wave 5 is coming out or is there gonna be no wave 5

What I'm about to post is my assumptions, which are not in anyway true. I know only as much as anyone else.

I'd like to think that because of the success of the MINIS, Fisher-Price would continuing holding on making mass productions of them, otherwise there would be nothing but sets and accessories, and anyone late to the party might have a limited choice of engines to choose from.

I reckon that a brand new blind bag series of 75 or so engines could be produced next year. To distinguish it from the last blind bags, it could use a different colour and have a cool sounding overall name. I think the series would have to re-release a quarter of the existing engines in the Classics theme, such as the Steam Team and a few extras, to ensure that people are guaranteed to have those engines at whatever stage they might be collecting had they missed out on the 2015 series. There would still be enough space for new engines, and plenty of opportunities for new themes, and by then there might be double the amount of Thomas, Percy, and James variants.

If we're lucky, we could even have another special mash-up theme or another Comic-Con exclusive, but I'm not holding my breath.

Again, all speculation, I do know nothing.

I found that Japanese poster as a downloadable from Fisher-Price's Japan website by the way.

(09-07-2015, 01:01 AM)sweepe07 Wrote: does any one know when/if the comic con minis will be released in stores without the exclusive ty.

Eight Super Friends MINIS are to be made in total, and four of those from the Comic-Con pack have been released in blind bags. Diesel as Batman (Dark Knight version) will stay exclusive to the Comic-Con item. We're expecting 4-packs of the DC Super Friends engines as well which were shown at New York Toy Fair last February, and there's three more engines in that theme we know of but there's no sign of these getting released so far.
[-] The following 2 users Like jdogman's post:
  • cou10gar, Ksthomas209