spent the day "lego-ing"

3 Replies, 4707 Views

got the latest winter village set this morning. spent the day building on and off, and my thumb is shredded on the end from getting pinched between bricks.
i mirror built it so it wont be so identical to the first set, and will place one at either end of the display.
it features a small santas grotto by the tree with dad taking a photo of his two kids with santa, while another posts a letter. it also has two carollers and a guy with an ipod getting away from the caterwauling as quick as he can. there are also two kids roasting marshmallows.

[Image: 10249.jpg]

rumor is this will be the last set, and it is a duplicate of the very first set, with a few changes in construction of the roof and tree and some new face designs.
in some ways i hope this isnt the last, but at the same time i hope it is, because im having more trouble every year fitting everything into the layout.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
You should have also got the Lego Hospital set to take care of that thumb. Looks so good and great idea about mirroring it. Such detail and so much going on. Anxious to see this years layout.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Sweet! Maybe I should incorporate some of my Lego's into my railroads.
Wait, is that a purple dolphin in the pool?
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
rokman, it would be a good idea. they look really nice and are about the right scale for tomy/trackmaster.

yes, thats a purple dolphin. i bought a few elves sets for the translucent colored bricks and spots etc. the dolphin came with one of them, and i couldnt bear to give it my niece, so made a display. even put earmuffs on it out of another set. lol.

this is both the new and old sets together. the old set also came with a large tree, but it was in another box, it was late and i was tired. couldnt be bothered, lolololol. the horse and cart are from another set, too.
[Image: P1010066.jpg]

this is last years display. i was in a foul mood so really only put the buildings out, and not as much filler as i normally would. i was outside, the tarp wasnt put up properly and it just had to rain meaning i was in danger of everything getting soaked. took me all afternoon to set up and mere minutes to pack up again. much damage was done.

but, it shows how full things are getting. got to experiment with the track this year and see how much longer i can make things. picked up 5 sets of trackmaster icy overpass in australia, so that should help. i could put a set in each front corner, but kids tend to lean there and the board isnt supported that far out, so might bend and tip things off.
[Image: xmas14%203_1.jpg]
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2015, 08:15 PM by sunhuntin.)
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • ActionChugger, Super