What is this train?

12 Replies, 13036 Views

While watching a Densha de D gameplay, there was a brown 8 car commuter. I believe that it's a 2000 series, but tell me if I'm wrong. I'd really like to own a plarail version. Can you give me the true identification of this unit and which plarail train it is?
Densha de D is multi track drifting, or drifting for trains. It is most commonly known as an Initial D knockoff.
Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRuxSmTrZGE
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2016, 07:46 PM by Super.)
Densha De D! I'd say it's less of a knockoff and more of an affectionate parody.

The player has already beaten Shingo's stage and is using Keisuke's Hankyu 8200 rather then Takumi's Hankyu 2000.
At around 4:54 in the video, there is a somewhat clearer version of the front.

(04-27-2016, 07:46 PM)Trainfanz Wrote: Densha De D! I'd say it's less of a knockoff and more of an affectionate parody.

The player has already beaten Shingo's stage and is using Keisuke's Hankyu 8200 rather then Takumi's Hankyu 2000.

Another person like me!
Why so much gibberish? Oh wait those are playable trains. I cannot find a website for this game.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2016, 07:49 PM by ROKMAN1445.)
(04-27-2016, 07:47 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: At around 4:54 in the video, there is a somewhat clearer version of the front.

Another person like me!
Why so much gibberish? Oh wait those are playable trains. I cannot find a website for this game.

It was sold on a disc, but it's long out of print. Do you possibly have a Twitter? I will gladly send you a download for Lightning Stage.
Is this it? http://www.blueplastictracks.com/showthr...light=8000

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Very close! The 8000 and 8200 series' are almost identical from what I know.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2016, 07:56 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainfanz's post:
  • Super
To me they're identical, but Trainzfan is right. And no, I don't have a Twitter. Maybe I should check into that...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • Super
That one Super posted was the one that sprang to mind when I watched a bit of that rather silly video lol!
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
It's not silly it's gameplay from Densha de D.
(04-27-2016, 08:46 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: To me they're identical, but Trainzfan is right. And no, I don't have a Twitter. Maybe I should check into that...

I am currently uploading the game to MediaFire. I will send you a PM with the link when it finishes.