Blue Plastic Tracks
Ucwepn's YouTube Video's - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Ucwepn's YouTube Video's (/thread-121.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Ucwepn's YouTube Videos - Super - 05-13-2014

First of all, congratulations on passing the 20 Million Views mark. Absolutely astounding and quite deserving. Bet you never thought of this milestone when you first had the idea of making videos and posting them on YouTube. [Image: cheers-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Now on to Connor. Great review video. Love the new work area. We are not big fans of the Thomas, faced, trains any more but this Plarail Connor is...Fantastic. The size and details are awesome. Especially like the undercarriage details wow. (Note to Plarail: Please make this in a non, Thomas version with different shades of black and grays) One other thought I had when seeing his first run is that due to his size, I thought he may look better with the longer type traction rods that bypass the front wheel although that may not be like the real engine. Glad to see no holes in the wheels for packaging like the Trackmaster ones. You would think Trackmaster could come up with a better packaging idea than that. Plus those little plastic sticks couldn't be safe for the toddlers.

Trackmaster ought to hide its head in shame after seeing this Connor. I was initially impressed with the "heft" and gearing of the new flat drive but was very disappointed once you got into it and seen and heard it run. I agree with you on the over engineering of it. With all those great gears I would have thought it would run much faster or, at the very least, have two speeds. The drive reminds me of the first ones in the vintage Tomy trains as pictured by Tramp HERE. Hard to tell from the video but you did say it does run smoother and quieter. I wonder how a Power Dash motor would work, hope the gearing isn't designed to slow it down. It will be interesting to see how this new Plarail flat drive compares to the new, faster Trackmaster one rumored to be released later this year.

Another great plug for us here at BluePlasticTracks.com at the end of the video and hope to see more of those 20 million visitors here. Thank you for all you do Ucwepn. OH! and by the way...I will have some bacon and eggs! [Image: nodding-yes-by-a-very-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif]

RE: Ucwepn's YouTube Videos - Ucwepn - 05-13-2014

Some good points made there my friend I agree this is a grand locomotive in every sense and I hope Plarail will continue with this bigger and better theme, I struggled off camera to put the drive unit back together it was very fiddly, the hook on the switch had to go under the first gear shaft :O The loco is very quiet the noise was mainly from the road vehicles and Trackmaster Stephen trundling around in the background, its quite an interesting and over complicated drive unit and I question why they did this. WHY??!! hehe and yes I had some egg and bacon after i finished editing (she didn't know I was filming at the workbench haha)

On a more sour note I just spent about an hour reporting over 30 stolen videos of mine on some thieves channel who decided to steal my work and try and monetize it Sad he didn't even bother changing the titles, I guess its a sign that I am doing very well but it saddens me too.

Sad news indeed. With 20 million views I guess the odds are a bit greater that the low lifes will be among them.

Yes! but anyway forward and upward! If my Connor video reaches a thousand views in the morning I will film plarail Stephen Big Grin Its just a rule I have always had (1000 views before a new vid) and I guess I am superstitious haha. Stephen does look interesting even though it is tender powered the loco itself is quite small like the real rocket.

Do the red and green express coaches also have the details over the wheel springs as this new blue Connor has? I don't have any of those type to compare it to.

Yes they do, they are identical and a much nicer coach than the smaller branchline type

RE: Ucwepn's YouTube Videos - Toys_Trains-Things - 05-14-2014

(05-13-2014, 01:21 PM)Ucwepn Wrote: On a more sour note I just spent about an hour reporting over 30 stolen videos of mine on some thieves channel who decided to steal my work and try and monetize it Sad he didn't even bother changing the titles, I guess its a sign that I am doing very well but it saddens me too.

Quite a lot of that going on. I see it occasionally on mountain bike videos too. It's odd because often the video that is stolen only has 1000 or 2000 views and the copy, 100 or 200. Not worth the effort.

Dale.

RE: Ucwepn's YouTube Videos - Super - 05-15-2014

Do you think that the size of this new Connor is not necessarily a design choice but more-so to fit that larger flat drive?

RE: Ucwepn's YouTube Videos - Ucwepn - 05-15-2014

The drive is larger as the motor sits in front of the gear set right at the front of the unit, there is only a small space left at the front which is taken up by a screw in piece that holds weights and the face in place. So I believe its because the drive unit is larger the loco needs to be longer.