Blue Plastic Tracks
Takara Information? - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Takara/TOMY/Plarail/Tomica world (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Takara Information? (/thread-1029.html)

Pages: 1 2

Takara Information? - Nigels - 05-18-2015

Hi Folks,

Well in my search to identify a recent purchase of mine I found this forum so thought I'd ask if anyone has any ideas.

Bottom line is I recently bought a collection of 'Takara Toys' trains, track etc... all brand new (dated 2001 on the packaging). I'm very new to the whole Tomica range and didn't realise this was not the standard 'blue track' type of track etc... although it is grey so that should have been a bit of a giveaway I suppose lol! I've since learned that this is dated prior to the merger of Tomica/Takara so I don't know if I have something good, something useless or just something different.

I'm now trying to find out more about it and whether it is compatible with the current range or not etc... Basically any information is welcomed. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I've had a chance to take some of the items (there's quite a few). But in the meantime if anyone has anything to tell me I would be grateful.

Cheers, Nigel

RE: Takara Information? - Super - 05-18-2015

Hello Nigels, welcome to the community.

Yes, pictures would be great. Since you say these sets are new in their box, what are the names of the sets?

RE: Takara Information? - Nigels - 05-19-2015

(05-18-2015, 11:12 PM)Super Wrote: Hello Nigels, welcome to the community.

Yes, pictures would be great. Since you say these sets are new in their box, what are the names of the sets?

Hi Super,

Thanks for the swift reply, I'll definitely upload some shots, however I need to find somewhere to put them first so I can publish the links here Smile

I would love to tell you what the names of the sets/locos/components are, but unfortunately they are all in japanese which I don't read. There is no english on them at all except for a website address that no longer seems to exist (www.takaratoys.co.jp) and a copyright 2001 message.

To give you a clue I have a 'set' which has a diorama base, a steam loco and a couple of wagons, two other loco's with rolling stock, two elevated track sets, two small boxes of 'accessories' trees, signals etc... and a dozen packs of track of different types, straights, curves, etc... It seems it is possible to connect the track to the diorama as well to expand it. It all looks quite interesting, but I can't find anything on the net about it so far...

Cheers, Nigel

RE: Takara Information? - Super - 05-19-2015

I look forward to seeing these.

RE: Takara Information? - leylandvictory2 - 05-19-2015

the tracks should be compatible to the new ones as long as you the adaptors.

RE: Takara Information? - jdogman - 05-19-2015

Takara was a toy company which went bankrupt in 2006 and merged with Tomy to create Takara Tomy. If Takara made a toy train system before the merge, it probably has next to no connection to the Plarail system, and if anything seems to work with each other, it's purely a coincidence.

Tomy once made another train system with model train like track in the 70s for the Western market which had nothing to do with Plarail as well.

(05-19-2015, 12:10 AM)Super Wrote: I look forward to seeing these.

Ok, so here's the pictures, not the best in the world, but you can see the products, when I open them up I will post more. Smile

Let me know what you think...

Diorama Set;

[Image: DSC_0014.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0015.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0016.jpg]

Loco's;

[Image: DSC_0018.jpg]

Bridge's;

[Image: DSC_0017.jpg]

Track;

[Image: DSC_0019.jpg]

Accessories;

[Image: DSC_0020.jpg]

(05-19-2015, 03:02 AM)jdogman Wrote: Takara was a toy company which went bankrupt in 2006 and merged with Tomy to create Takara Tomy. If Takara made a toy train system before the merge, it probably has next to no connection to the Plarail system, and if anything seems to work with each other, it's purely a coincidence.

Tomy once made another train system with model train like track in the 70s for the Western market which had nothing to do with Plarail as well.

Yes, I agree, I'd already read this elsewhere in my online search, but I don't seem able to find any information on any older ranges from Takara hence why I asked Smile

RE: Takara Information? - Ucwepn - 05-19-2015

The blue DD51 says Chroro-Q on the box which leads me to believe it is remote controlled like other Chroro-Q trains.

RE: Takara Information? - Ucwepn - 05-19-2015

After looking closer it appears the vehicle on the flatbed is a Choro Q pullback not the train.

(05-19-2015, 08:48 AM)Ucwepn Wrote: After looking closer it appears the vehicle on the flatbed is a Choro Q pullback not the train.

Thanks for the info, something else interesting for this find Smile