Blue Plastic Tracks
Tramps collection, - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Takara/TOMY/Plarail/Tomica world (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Tramps collection, (/thread-1519.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tramps collection, - Tramp - 01-13-2016

So, today I received a plarail Rosie (TS-12) through the post for my daughter, we set up a layout (she's a good runner with an older type Thomas drive unit) and as we were running the trains and getting different engines out I thought that it really was time to take stock of engines/rolling stock we have, so I cleared the side and lined up what we have......

[Image: 71136488-1084-48FD-95AE-C75F21C35D57_zps4jxvpkrg.jpg]

[Image: D8E29D4C-ECC8-41DA-AE7D-E186273EA552_zpsiefbhoa4.jpg]

[Image: 19FFF728-C0CE-4D7E-962F-32D2D67CE2C2_zps1nmawwl5.jpg]

[Image: 25765AD1-8940-4AFD-AAA5-22E612CA93F1_zpsswjpdl7f.jpg]

So engine wise from left to right

Plarail Hyper city starter bullet train,
Plarail Red DD51 (with lights)
Plarail Blue DD51
Plarail Old C12
Plarail New C12
Plarail biwako (with lamp)
Plarail C62
Trackmaster Gordon (modified 3v, defaced & lamp)
Trackmaster Neville (modified, defaced & hyperdash)
Trackmaster Edward
Trackmaster James (modified, defaced, hyperdash and lamp)
Trackmaster James
Trackmaster Spencer (modified 7.4v variable speed)
Trackmaster sound & steam Thomas
Trackmaster porter
Trackmaster Percy
Trackmaster Rosie
Trackmaster Revolution 'original' Thomas
Trackmaster diesel (defaced)
Trackmaster salty (defaced and lamp with flashing beacons)
Trackmaster salty (defaced - no engine)

There's also a Trackmaster Charlie who managed to miss the photo shoot - he was in the track box,

So 22 locomotives!!

RE: Tramps collection, - Super - 01-14-2016

I see lots of mods Tramp, time for some more?

RE: Tramps collection, - Tramp - 01-14-2016

(01-14-2016, 12:42 AM)Super Wrote: I see lots of mods Tramp, time for some more?

Ha, yeah I think it probably is, I really like edward at the moment and would love to deface him, but the kids like him too so I'm reluctant to cut. There are a few more engines I'd like, I'm fan of steam engines with tenders - so I would like, a d51 and maybe a plarail Henry (I would deface him) I also am still on the look out for a Trackmaster lady, for my littlest daughter, but they are quite expensive considering they have the Trackmaster flat drive unit in which is so noisy! Finally I wouldn't mind an Oliver and maybe a toad (which I could light up with LED's)

Mod wise, I have another x10 step up converters for LED's but I just don't know what to do next, I wanted to light up all my express coaches but it seems like a chore and 'nothing new' I'd like to get another diesel and fit more flashing lamps, they look great on my salty, but we hardly ever run him because he's so noisy! I also need to finish Spencer, I need to deface him, fill his face orifice with filler and painting over the top, I also need to secure his tender lid too!

RE: Tramps collection, - Super - 01-14-2016

Holy Brakevan Undecided ...I had no idea that Lady was so expensive. Thought I would check here in the States for you but geesh.

RE: Tramps collection, - Tramp - 01-30-2016

Well I got a nice little lot off eBay

[Image: 273101AE-980D-480E-9A74-E84E9E69B3B8.png...kcqf4.jpeg]

Cheap too! It had the lady in that I was looking for (even if it didn't have the matching trucks)

[Image: 3237F473-013E-457E-8427-0C9FB5B7A8CC_zpsuohmpka1.jpg]

She's used and has a pleasant patina, which is good as the kids like play with her and I worry when they play with the perfect ones! I was suprised that she had a Thomas drive unit though, as I thought she would have the flat drive,

There was also a Thomas in the lot, some trucks, and some older tomy things,

[Image: 7C5D938A-0215-4C7F-8292-51C6943AF133_zpsdnmmxdff.jpg]

This 'baggage mover' (?) has a push down seat that lets it run forward, I've got another drive unit for this but didn't realise it was supposed to have a body,

Finally I got another body for the old tomy range

[Image: 8282734F-5634-4289-880F-2159638B02D5_zpscpxqxcze.jpg]

I thought it came with a drive unit but the pictures actually show it sat on a truck, oh well, I still like it and may have to get a suitable unit/chassis for it!

RE: Tramps collection, - anc6802 - 01-30-2016

Nice collection! I like the customs, very cool!

That was a great deal you got in the lot with Lady we've been trying to get her for a bit now but she goes for strong money!

RE: Tramps collection, - sunhuntin - 01-30-2016

nice lot, tramp! that white body is the rarest of the 4 most common bodies. [at the time, i thought there were only 4: red diesel, white diesel, red steam and green steam. being 5 years old, no internet and only the tatty old pamphmet that came with my set as reference.] and it was one i struggled to find at the local thrift shops. i remember finding one, compared to some 50 odd red diesel covers.

there were at least 3 different push down vehicles for that range. a log loader, your one and a bus. couple of photos here: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/vintage-tomy-enginesrolling-stock-inclu-thomas.html there may have been more, but i havent seen evidence of that. [that doesnt mean much, btw. im keen to be corrected.]

RE: Tramps collection, - DalaGStanator - 01-30-2016

(01-30-2016, 08:29 AM)Tramp Wrote: It had the lady in that I was looking for (even if it didn't have the matching trucks)

[Image: 3237F473-013E-457E-8427-0C9FB5B7A8CC_zpsuohmpka1.jpg]

She's used and has a pleasant patina, which is good as the kids like play with her and I worry when they play with the perfect ones! I was suprised that she had a Thomas drive unit though, as I thought she would have the flat drive.

[Image: affraid.gif] This is your Shining Time to become Burnett Stone Jr. Keep her very well hidden from nasty human Diesel 10s! (reckless children).

Very, very rare, extremely valuable, and commands ridiculous prices. Just like real life gold.

Update: I didn't notice this: "Lady and the Tramp"! Sure is fun making puns.

RE: Tramps collection, - Super - 01-30-2016

(01-30-2016, 12:04 PM)DalaGStanator Wrote: Update: I didn't notice this: "Lady and the Tramp"! Sure is fun making puns.

[Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

RE: Tramps collection, - Tramp - 01-31-2016

(01-30-2016, 08:55 AM)anc6802 Wrote: Nice collection! I like the customs, very cool!

That was a great deal you got in the lot with Lady we've been trying to get her for a bit now but she goes for strong money!

Thanks ANC,

Yeah I made a thread about my customs but haven't updated it in a while
http://www.blueplastictracks.com/showthread.php?tid=141&highlight=Customs

I'll be honest I have been looking for her, but couldn't justify the cost some sellers were advertising her for, I don't even know why she is so expensive!

(01-30-2016, 09:15 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: nice lot, tramp! that white body is the rarest of the 4 most common bodies. [at the time, i thought there were only 4: red diesel, white diesel, red steam and green steam. being 5 years old, no internet and only the tatty old pamphmet that came with my set as reference.] and it was one i struggled to find at the local thrift shops. i remember finding one, compared to some 50 odd red diesel covers.

there were at least 3 different push down vehicles for that range. a log loader, your one and a bus. couple of photos here: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/vintage-tomy-enginesrolling-stock-inclu-thomas.html there may have been more, but i havent seen evidence of that. [that doesnt mean much, btw. im keen to be corrected.]

Thank you sun,
You really are the guru of these older trains, but be always liked them as they were what I had when I was a child, it's great that you've put together a reference page, I had no idea about the different bodies for the push and go vehicles, come to think of it, I think I've seen a fork truck body that might fit? Yeah, I think I prefer the white diesel body to the red one anyway, although the red would go better on my chassis with the red wheels! I liked the fact the trucks had matching blue wheels,

(01-30-2016, 12:04 PM)DalaGStanator Wrote: [Image: affraid.gif] This is your Shining Time to become Burnett Stone Jr. Keep her very well hidden from nasty human Diesel 10s! (reckless children).

Very, very rare, extremely valuable, and commands ridiculous prices. Just like real life gold.

Update: I didn't notice this: "Lady and the Tramp"! Sure is fun making puns.

Haha, I didn't realise the pun either! Good spot! Unfortunately she's not a mint example and she has been bought to be played with, I'll do what I can to keep her tidy and running but she'll never be prestine, that and she doesn't hsve her trucks either. But I am glad she's in the collection!