Blue Plastic Tracks
Talk'n Action Cranky?? - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Takara/TOMY/Plarail/Tomica world (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Talk'n Action Cranky?? (/thread-1820.html)

Pages: 1 2

Talk'n Action Cranky?? - ThomasFan3004 - 06-01-2016

Talk'n Action Cranky?? Huh

[Image: pnFPBvGop]

[Image: plTH1tofp]

RE: Talk'n Action Cranky?? - Super - 06-02-2016

Are you inquiring if this is a Talk and Action piece ThomasFan? I am not sure myself but the actuation tab you are pointing too may have something to do with Cranky performing some action. Where did the picture come from? Lets wait for our experts on the Thomas accessories to check in.

Its strange, but in this video of what looks to be the same item, there is no activation lever. Can anyone help our new member here with this. All the videos and pictures I have found does not have the activation lever.

RE: Talk'n Action Cranky?? - ThomasFan3004 - 06-02-2016

This Cranky Came from This Video.

RE: Talk'n Action Cranky?? - DalaGStanator - 06-02-2016

As I said before, this was merely one of the many prototype versions of the ordinary items used in these videos. First, a Talk 'n' Action Cranky was never made, let alone any talking (Tomy/TrackMaster) versions of Cranky until the RC Fisher Price one.

Second, that "activation tab" is most likely a sticker that didn't make it to the final version. Stepney goes over it, and nothing happens.

RE: Talk'n Action Cranky?? - Super - 06-02-2016

If the activation lever was real, Stepney would have to be going in the other direction for it to properly work which would make more sense as then a Troublesome Truck would be lined up to accept a load from Cranky. and there would have had a switch to choose either to use that feature (activation lever) or not. Looks to be the same type activation lever as the ones on the Tomy Transfer Stations. Maybe their original plans was for this unit to do something else than just Cranky going back and forth or there is two versions released of this. Anyone have any other ideas or seen one in action?

RE: Talk'n Action Cranky?? - DalaGStanator - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 12:35 PM)Super Wrote: If the activation lever was real, Stepney would have to be going in the other direction for it to properly work which would make more sense as then a Troublesome Truck would be lined up to accept a load from Cranky. and there would have had a switch to choose either to use that feature (activation lever) or not. Looks to be the same type activation lever as the ones on the Tomy Transfer Stations. Maybe their original plans was for this unit to do something else than just Cranky going back and forth or there is two versions released of this. Anyone have or seen one in action?

The only version of this item ever released was the one shown in that video you provided. It's the exact same thing as the one I have from the Ultimate Set. I'm absolutely certain there were no "original plans" for any other functions besides making him turn.

RE: Talk'n Action Cranky?? - MuddyPoppins - 06-04-2016

(06-02-2016, 12:35 PM)Super Wrote: If the activation lever was real, Stepney would have to be going in the other direction for it to properly work which would make more sense as then a Troublesome Truck would be lined up to accept a load from Cranky. and there would have had a switch to choose either to use that feature (activation lever) or not. Looks to be the same type activation lever as the ones on the Tomy Transfer Stations. Maybe their original plans was for this unit to do something else than just Cranky going back and forth or there is two versions released of this. Anyone have any other ideas or seen one in action?

Hello, after many hours of research, study and intense scrutiny.....IDK!!! Lol
It seems that there are some real differences between the Cranky set AND the Thumper set. The Cranky set also shows no plastic blue "water" platform attachment in the video and does seem to depict Cranky talking( though the voice is an overlay and doesn't seem to be recording from the actual toy)...The Thumper set seems to suggest that it talks too...The "face ball" at the top appears lighter grey and a finer grade of plastic, and the base is beige (not yellow) with green grass painted at the base of the mountain( which is different as well), and Thumper seems darker, heavier gage plastic, less shiny, and slightly more detailed too...ALSO while researching this it appears there is also a version of a Talk 'n Action Harold as well!!
https://youtu.be/msliFyn1_ls

RE: Talk'n Action Cranky?? - Miksolo - 06-04-2016

(06-04-2016, 05:46 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Hello, after many hours of research, study and intense scrutiny.....IDK!!! Lol
It seems that there are some real differences between the Cranky set AND the Thumper set. The Cranky set also shows no plastic blue "water" platform attachment in the video and does seem to depict Cranky talking( though the voice is an overlay and doesn't seem to be recording from the actual toy)...The Thumper set seems to suggest that it talks too...The "face ball" at the top appears lighter grey and a finer grade of plastic, and the base is beige (not yellow) with green grass painted at the base of the mountain( which is different as well), and Thumper seems darker, heavier gage plastic, less shiny, and slightly more detailed too...ALSO while researching this it appears there is also a version of a Talk 'n Action Harold as well!!
https://youtu.be/msliFyn1_ls

The video is unavailable for me.

RE: Talk'n Action Cranky?? - ripley802 - 06-04-2016

Same for me on the video. Muddy, is that like the one that has Trevor, etc.. Like the station ones?

RE: Talk'n Action Cranky?? - Miksolo - 06-04-2016

(06-04-2016, 07:21 PM)ripley802 Wrote: Same for me on the video. Muddy, is that like the one that has Trevor, etc.. Like the station ones?

Thomas Ultimate Set?