Blue Plastic Tracks
2018 Tokyo Toy Show - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Takara/TOMY/Plarail/Tomica world (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: 2018 Tokyo Toy Show (/thread-3208.html)

Pages: 1 2

2018 Tokyo Toy Show - Super - 06-08-2018

Here is Suzukawa's visit to the 2018 Tokyo Toy Show and starting at the 5:05 minute mark she details all the soon to be released trains and sets at the end of this month and the items that will release in August including The Royal Express, C-11, and Rosie. We also get a look at the workings of the Thomas Challenge Sodor Island Action Set.

RE: 2018 Tokyo Toy Show - Off The Rails - 06-08-2018

I like that new Tomica and Plarail grade crossing better than the one they did last year. The “pusher paddles” being separately motorized is an improvement over the version that relies on a train to push it.

It was nice to see the trains I have on preorder although I’m a little bummed that I missed Rosie.

RE: 2018 Tokyo Toy Show - ripley802 - 06-08-2018

Excellent. That Thomas set looks really cool, reminds me of the Cranky at the docks one. I agree with oTr the crossing looms very cool too. Big Grin

RE: 2018 Tokyo Toy Show - Ucwepn - 06-08-2018

Those buildings around the tracks look great wonder if any will be made and sold, I like the new Rosie too.

RE: 2018 Tokyo Toy Show - Nigels - 06-08-2018

The Royal Train is cool, would look really nice if you were to drill out those lights on the front and replace them with LED's so you got real lights on it Smile

I also noticed those two Pokemon 'wrapped' trains, they look pretty cool as does the new version of Rosie Big Grin

RE: 2018 Tokyo Toy Show - MuddyPoppins - 06-09-2018

(06-08-2018, 08:24 AM)ripley802 Wrote: Excellent. That Thomas set looks really cool, reminds me of the Cranky at the docks one. I agree with oTr the crossing looms very cool too. Big Grin
What is the set called? And does anyone know it's preorder or release date?

RE: 2018 Tokyo Toy Show - Off The Rails - 06-09-2018

(06-09-2018, 01:02 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: What is the set called? And does anyone know it's preorder or release date?

Muddy, I’m sorry but my ignorance of technology is showing because I can’t paste the link from my phone. However, Hobby Search has the set up for preorder and they translate the name as Chara Action! Thomas Challenge! Sodor Island (Plarail). Look in the Toy section under Plarail then Thomas Special Set.

I hope that helps!

RE: 2018 Tokyo Toy Show - Super - 06-10-2018

Here is a different angle on the set...Could this be the only set every that has four characters that actually perform an action?

RE: 2018 Tokyo Toy Show - MuddyPoppins - 06-10-2018

Yes I think so too! What is the towers name? Is that Merrick? I like that he is so tall... He will look great next to the large RC Cranky from the Fiery Flynn to the rescue set, and seems like he's about the second tallest character ever made too.

RE: 2018 Tokyo Toy Show - Super - 06-10-2018

That would be Owen and I love the look on Cranky's face in this set too.

Quote:Owen is an enthusiastic traction engine who loves his job. He never tires of sending cargo cars up and down the incline at the Blue Mountain Quarry.
He is based on a vertical traction boiler attached to the side of an incline drum house.