Blue Plastic Tracks
Tomy Layout Planners - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Takara/TOMY/Plarail/Tomica world (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Tomy Layout Planners (/thread-3217.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tomy Layout Planners - fred16850 - 06-15-2018

Does anyone know of any existing online 'layout planners' for Tomy/Plarail track? I do know they have ones for more popular track systems (i.e. Hornby), but I don't know of any Tomy-dedicated ones. I think it would be a nice tool to have to create those dream layouts that come to the mind...Sleepy

RE: Tomy Layout Planners - Super - 06-15-2018

For some reason I think we have had discussions on software that assists in developing Layouts but I can't find them

RE: Tomy Layout Planners - leylandvictory2 - 06-15-2018

we did talk about it. Sadly there is no softwares for designing tomy/trackmaster tracks layout. Tomy and trackmaster lines are cater to kids and not diehard fans.

RE: Tomy Layout Planners - Off The Rails - 06-15-2018

Well darn, there goes my “completely empty house” layout idea!

A minor grumble here but when my son was first getting in to Trackmaster stuff a few years ago, Fisher Price was touting an online “layout designer” that turned to be a section where they suggested how to combine a few different sets. Yep, that was about as useful as it sounds. Dodgy

RE: Tomy Layout Planners - leylandvictory2 - 06-16-2018

yea. Trial and error can be fun too. I used to have a layout on 3 tables till my wife told me to tear it up as it took too much space in the house. I created a concept drawing first and i polished it a bit later like the one below.
[Image: layout.jpg]

RE: Tomy Layout Planners - Super - 06-16-2018

@Leyland
Thats a cool looking drawing. Too bad there isn't software that all you had to do was drag and drop that drawing into it and it would create a 3D imge with Tomy Track and buildings.

(06-15-2018, 11:51 PM)Off The Rails Wrote: Fisher Price was touting an online “layout designer” that turned to be a section where they suggested how to combine a few different sets.

...and just another way they were trying to make more money and sell additional sets instead of a child using his/her imagination and creating a new Layout..

RE: Tomy Layout Planners - leylandvictory2 - 06-16-2018

I used Microsoft word to build that concept. The standard straight tracks is 15 cm long. Knapford station (trackmaster) is 30 cm long. Once you determine the circumference of the curve tracks by forming one complete circle, you should able to determine how much space the curve tracks take.

RE: Tomy Layout Planners - fred16850 - 06-16-2018

Interesting, maybe Google Drawings can achieve something similar. If some kind of 'standard' was adopted for various straights, curves, and destination pieces, that might do for now. I've been trying to get into programming, and perhaps down the line I will learn the skills needed to create a rudimentary track planner...

RE: Tomy Layout Planners - leylandvictory2 - 06-17-2018

autocad is pretty good too.

RE: Tomy Layout Planners - fred16850 - 06-17-2018

I've never heard of it, I'll check it out.