Blue Plastic Tracks
Mister No's Pics & Vids - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Mister No's Pics & Vids (/thread-3945.html)

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 12-10-2020

Oh...looking at the exploded view I think using the light blocks would work great.
First I would make a separate with a white polystyrene sheet between the first and second floor...
Then make a little shelf or easier yet a small piece of velcro to place the light block in the attic.
Run the wire from the block to the underside of the new floor separator lighting up the first level only
To light the whole interior (both floors) no separator is needed and just snap the light bar onto the block in the attic

Might look cool without all the wiring and soldering plus its not permanent and can easily be removed and used somewhere else...like those neat, tall apartment building you have Smile

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 12-10-2020

These "Outland" buildings also have holes/windows on the back...

[Image: IMG-20201210-125333.jpg]

On a side note: wouldn't a few of those grey buildings look just awesome on your layout, Super? Big Grin

The block lights might work perfectly on those tall apartment buildings by just placing a couple on the base.

If I had one of those I might be tempted to punch a hole on each side and run a Monorail through it as an elevated station. Big Grin

Oh, that's a nice idea! You should do it. These Outland houses are very cheap on Ali & eBay (mine were around 10 USD, even less)...

Are all their buildings only in 'N' Scale?

No, they have also H0 buildings. You have to be careful when ordering, because they have the same building in a few different scales. 

The two of mine are from eBay (I think the third one was from Aliexpress), and their listings were named as follows:

- Outland Modern Business Office Building 1:87 For HO Gauge Model Train  (US $11.70)
- 1/87 HO Scale White Building HO069 For Outland Models Train Railway (US $8.58)

I see Outland US has a website and they also sell on Amazon. Are these buildings Kits? I also see a lot of 3D printed buildings on their site which surprised me as they don't look perfect and I believe I have seen these same 3D printed buildings (not like yours) were being sold out of China.

These Outland buildings (like mine) are kits: the sides are connected with the system of little spikes and holes. They fit perfectly, no glue needed.
They are shipped in thin envelopes.

I see that on their web page they have a size just a bit larger than HO and list it under 1:64 or S scale too.

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Off The Rails - 12-11-2020

@ Super:
I still see a decent number of listings for Outland’s HO stuff on eBay but it doesn’t seem to be quite as much as 3-4 years ago.