Blue Plastic Tracks
Mister No's Pics & Vids - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Mister No's Pics & Vids (/thread-3945.html)

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 12-11-2020

Yes, I also saw a few on Amazon. I am curious that even though they say sold in the US that they still don't ship from China. Maybe even more so on their web page. https://outlandmodels.com/

EDIT:
Found the answer to my own question on their website...

Quote: Shipping time
Our products are shipped right from our workshop in China, please note that international shipping usually takes approximately 15-20 days to reach you, under current global situation your order will possibly delayed for a few weeks due to unexpected flight cancellations.

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 12-14-2020

[Image: KAMERE-NASLOVNICA-1.jpg]

What a gloomy pre-holiday season... Sad
I just wanted to do something different. So here is the railcam footage from my Plarail City. Hope you like it. Smile

Also, after the Enoden Lines and Thomas & Friends Map, I'm adding the third map of the main lines of my system. This one is, for a change, in my mother tongue (Croatian), with English translations of the streets & toponyms when appropriate. This is the most detailed map of my layout, with every street, avenue, station, junction, mountain, and even quarry, saddle & moorland named after a dear family member of mine, friend, author, artist or concept. 

[Image: MAP-CROATIAN-ENGLISH-2.jpg]

Exclusive for BPT, here are some colour photos that can't be seen in the B&W Railcam video: Big Grin Big Grin

[Image: IMG-20201213-201712.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201213-201649.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201213-201627.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201213-201612.jpg]

Here is the video:

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 12-14-2020

Very nice Mr No...I like the olde tyme black and white Smile

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 12-15-2020

Me too, Super! And look, I invented a method for an instant turning all the tracks to - grey! Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 12-15-2020

[Image: small-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 12-18-2020

[Image: WAKAYAMA-NASLOVNICA-2.jpg]

WAKAYAMA ELECTRIC RAILWAY (with Tama the Cat)

The Kishigawa Line (貴志川線, Kishigawa-sen) is a railway line in Wakayama Prefecture, Japan. It is the sole line of the Wakayama Electric Railway Co., Ltd. The 14.3 km route extends from Wakayama Station in the city of Wakayama to Kishi Station in neighboring Kinokawa. Including the terminals, the Kishigawa Line has 14 stations. Its gauge is 1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in). The line is single-track and is electrified at 1,500 V DC.
The Kishigawa Line uses 6 sets (12 cars) of 2270 series electric multiple units (EMUs), originally built for Nankai and transferred to the new operator, together with the tracks and other assets of the Kishigawa Line. Many trains have wrappings, like Strawberry wrapping (the area is famous for strawberries), Chuggington wrapping (this one), and Tama wrapping.
Tama (Japanese: たま, April 29, 1999 – June 22, 2015) was a female calico cat who gained fame for being a station master and operating officer at Kishi Station. More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tama_(cat)

I like the Plarail model very much. It's a single speed motor train, and it's fast. I think it has the same motor as Tokyo Sakura Tram. Except the front windows, it's full wrapping train, but the Chuggington wrapping looks really cool. Car 1 is Wilson, and Car 2 is Brewster. The train box and card do not mention the train type (series), which is a bit strange, but it is the 2270 series EMU.

I really hope that Tomy will continue with these Wakayama trains: the Strawberry Train, and the Tama Train are looking great too, it would be nice to have them as Plarail models. Tama really deserves "her" model - the station looks like a cat, she had an office there, and now she is enshrined in the Shinto Shrine next to the Kishi Station! Tama and her successor are really popular...

[Image: WAKAYAMA-TEXT.jpg]

[Image: WAKAYAMA-TAMA.jpg]

[Image: WAKAYAMA-TRAIN-OFFICE.jpg]

[Image: WAKAYAMA-STATION-SHRINE.jpg]

[Image: w-IMG-20201218-144533.jpg]

[Image: w-IMG-20201218-162525.jpg]

[Image: w-IMG-20201218-164157.jpg]

[Image: w-MG-20201218-163931.jpg]

The cat figurine that played the role of Tama in this video was a gift from Plazajapan. Smile

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 12-20-2020

No one (except Ucwepn & me) likes Chuggington Wrapping Train & Wakayama Railway with Tama the Cat?  Confused

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 12-20-2020

I actually liked the Chuggington line but what I didn't like was the fake bogies on them all. Just didn't look right to me. I do remember watching the TV show with my Grandson so many years ago. Is that show still around?

Mr No, do you have any of the character trains or accessories?

Love the Xmas decorations on the Layout.

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 12-20-2020

Well, Super, talking of the Plarail Chuggington trains, I don't like those fake bogies either; and you can see the fake and real wheels at the same time, which is rather annoying... I don't have any Chuggington character trains for the above reason, and because they are too cartoony, most of them (except Old Puffer Pete and some others) looking like some kind of hippos, I don't know....

But I didn't mean the characters from the Chuggington Show; I meant this Wakayama Wrapping Train. No one said anything, so I thought no one like it. And I think it's rather cool. As I mention before, I would prefer some other wrapping (strawberries or Tama the Cat), but I hope they make another 2270 Series Train in the future. 

As for the decorations... I'm a bit old-fashioned in that department: never mind if it's the end of the world, the decorations are not to be forgotten! Wink

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 12-21-2020

[Image: RED-ARROWS-NASLOVNICA.jpg]

The Seibu 10000 series (西武10000系) is an electric multiple unit (EMU) train type operated by the private railway operator Seibu Railway on limited express services in the Tokyo area of Japan since 1993. Plarail models are great little two-speed-motor trains. Both Red Arrow Classic (the cream one) and New Red Arrow (the grey one) are limited editions. They are perfectly coloured and resemble the original nicely. Everything is printed and the stickers are not used at all, except for the destination board. For the Red Arrow Classic there are two destinations you can choose from and then apply on the front of the first car (destination labels are enclosed).  

[Image: IMG-20201220-180828.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201220-181041.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201220-180622.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201220-181400.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201220-181553.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201220-181705.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201220-181950.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201220-182536.jpg]

The Red Arrow Classic arrived with an extra clear box:

[Image: IMG-20201220-163454.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201220-163522.jpg]

Here is the video: