Blue Plastic Tracks
Mister No's Pics & Vids - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Mister No's Pics & Vids (/thread-3945.html)

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 01-06-2021

@Chrisjo
Thanks for those pictures, nice of you to do that for us. Guess you don't have a C-12 for a side by side as it would look exactly like Thomas...IMO. Big Grin

@Mr No
Lovely video. I agree with you that the clear blue Thomas is perfect except for that one thing...you know what I mean...right?  It really stands out in some parts of the video to Big Grin

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - chrisjo - 01-06-2021

(01-06-2021, 08:33 PM)Super Wrote: @Chrisjo
Thanks for those pictures, nice of you to do that for us. Guess you don't have a C-12 for a side by side as it would look exactly like Thomas...IMO. Big Grin
I'll do another set showing all three, but tomorrow.

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 01-06-2021

You are the man Dr Chris Smile Heart

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 01-07-2021

(01-06-2021, 08:33 PM)Super Wrote: @Mr No
Lovely video. I agree with you that the clear blue Thomas is perfect except for that one thing...you know what I mean...right?  It really stands out in some parts of the video to Big Grin

You mean the front windows sticker, Super, don't you? I noticed earlier that it is conspicuously brighter than the rest of Thomas' body. It's the usual "Thomas-blue" sticker, but the clear blue plastic of the body is now actually much darker. If they painted everything else, I wonder why they left this sticker... (Also the Winston's stickers could be avoided, but...)
My layout is lit by several lamps and reflectors, so when the train comes from a darker part to the light, Thomas' front window sticker really stands out for a moment. But never mind, I love that train! Smile

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 01-07-2021

Yes, thats the issue I was referring to. It would have been easy for them to just make a clear sticker with the whistle and windows on it.

[Image: Usentitled.jpg]

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 01-07-2021

Exactly. On the other hand, if the sides (side windows, the number etc.) are painted, why not the front windows? I'm really no expert, but would it be so difficult or costly? 

And it's not just that particular clear Thomas, but generally... Why not make a no-stickers-at-all Thomas? After all, he is a very important character in the franchise, isn't he? Why not lose stickers altogether when it comes to Thomas, including the back lamp? Smile

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 01-07-2021

It may be a difficult area to paint with the machines as most all Plarail engines have stickers for windows in that area. Its just hard for me to believe that they went to all that trouble to create a beautiful, special, engine like this and during the design phase, no one thought to suggest they use a clear backed sticker.

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 01-08-2021

(01-07-2021, 03:39 PM)Super Wrote: no one thought to suggest they use a clear backed sticker.

If not paint, clear backed sticker is next best thing. They use those on clear Annie & Clarabel, didn't they? They could use them here too! Smile

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - DalaGStanator - 01-08-2021

Or, they could've just done what they do with almost all other locos with front cab windows (two separate decals for left and right, with either a moulded whistle or another decal for it).

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 01-08-2021

[Image: GP1-NASLOVNICA.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210107-190521.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210107-190735.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210107-202107.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210107-192048.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210107-201843.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210107-191643.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210107-210028.jpg]