Blue Plastic Tracks
Mister No's Pics & Vids - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Mister No's Pics & Vids (/thread-3945.html)

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 01-26-2021

Yes, Super, I don't want any copyright troubles... The music in my videos (except for my Christmas video) is from YouTube Audio Library, and sometimes from icons8. I'm picking the songs very carefully.

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 01-26-2021

If you are like me, picking out the music for a video and editing it in takes a long time. I have used a few of YouTubes free library but they seem to always be too short so most every one of my videos has copywrites attached to them where I assume the musics rights holders are making money every time someone watches a video of mine. I am not monetized as you need 1000 Subscribers I think before you can join that group. Who knows, maybe in the future I will have enough and I then will re-edit all my videos without the name brand music.

I haven't heard of this icons8, do you think I should check it out, is it a free service?

Yes, yes, Super! Picking out the right music could be a long process. And editing! I'm a rookie in that field, so it takes a while. Also, I'm not young anymore, and all these technical stuff can be a bit overwhelming for me sometimes! Big Grin

For my last video on Four Little Engines (Skarloey Railway) it took me hours and hours of shooting pics, then videos, subtitling the pics (that's not easy for me, because English is not my mother tongue), combining all of them together, then choosing and adding 4 songs from the Audio Library (which includes adjusting all of them to fit the duration of the video, of course), then adding the sounds of 7 whistles for 7 engines appearing in the video... And I guess I'm not very good at all of that; not many people like the videos I'm making, and my viewership is always low (with just a few exceptions). But never mind, I'm doing it for fun and because I love my trains! At least the music is fine, I guess! Smile

Icons8 has a fair selection of royalty free videos (but you have to put the link in the description), and I found great stuff there, for example the beautiful classical works of Sir Cubworth and Esther Abrami I never heard of before, but used them since in many of my videos...

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 01-26-2021

" Sir Cubworth "
Sounds like a name for a Thomas or Chuggington character. Big Grin

I will have to look around the Icons8 site, thanks for the scoop.

(01-26-2021, 04:25 PM)Super Wrote: " Sir Cubworth "
Sounds like a name for a Thomas or Chuggington character. Big Grin

Yes it does! If the Thin Controller needs new locos on the Skarloey Railway, he could name one of them after Sir Cubworth! Big Grin

But I made a mistake: Sir Cubworth & Esther Abrami are from the YouTube Audio Library, not Icons8. On Icons8 I found and used music by Svyat Ilin, Denis Stelmakh, Konstantin Tyufyakin, The Owl and others.

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 01-28-2021

[Image: Rnaslovnica.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210127-145120.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210127-145347.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210127-150218.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210127-151256.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210127-151743.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210127-152142.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210127-153232.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210127-152736.jpg]

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 01-28-2021

Nice work on the video Mr No.

I always thought Rusty was lacking something, mostly in the lack of details and that huge face doh lol.

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 01-28-2021

Here is the Talyllyn Railway. Skarloey Railway (and its characters) is based on that railway, because Rev. Awdry volunteered there in the 1950s as a guard. Rusty is based on the Midlander, a Ruston (hence the name!) 44/48HP diesel. Unlike his counterpart Rusty was never rebuilt with a different shaped radiator. Midlander appears at 10:56.

Talyllyn Railway Anything Goes Gala, 16th June 2018

Maybe he isn't very detailed, but Midlander isn't either... Nevertheless, Rusty has some nice features. He has only one entrance, and on the other side of the cabin is just a round window. Also, he has a very nice back window.

[Image: IMG-20210128-134103.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210128-134041.jpg]

I guess his face could be a bit smaller, but he has a very nice and expressive face. Also, in The Railway Series he is painted black:

[Image: IMG-20210128-134516.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210128-134540.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210128-134559.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210128-135805.jpg]

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 01-28-2021

On...I love the black Railway Series Rusty with his neat shaped engine cover and oval buffers. With that small of a face I would certainly deface him in a custom build Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - DalaGStanator - 01-28-2021

[Image: ThomasAndStepney15.png]

When he made his TV debut in Season 4 (along with the rest of the railway), his face was only a little thicker than it was in The Railway Series. However...

[Image: RustyandtheBoulder30.png][Image: TheSwitch96.png]

In the very next season, new versions of the engines were built in a much bigger scale, but they still ran on O gauge. The proportions of Rusty's face were messed up unlike the steam engines, which led to his whole front (or rather, most of it) being taken up. It was never corrected and got carried over to the CGI model as well. That version replaced the original for the rest of the filmed era, and the TOMY and TrackMaster versions were modeled after it. Oddly, his face briefly went back to its previous size during Season 12 until it grew back again:

[Image: PushMe%2CPullYou49.png]

Also:

[Image: IMG-20210127-151256.jpg]

Is that a TrackMaster hopper body on a TOMY tanker chassis with red wheels? Unless it's a custom, I've never seen that variant before.