Blue Plastic Tracks
Mister No's Pics & Vids - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Mister No's Pics & Vids (/thread-3945.html)

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 03-13-2021

How many different manufacturers of the sidewalk buildings do you now have Mr No...3?

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 03-14-2021

There is nothing new on that front, actually...

There are five smaller buildings at the Central Station:

[Image: IMG-20210314-003506.jpg]

These are some no-name Chinese houses from Aliexpress. They are wider and lower then RMZ houses and have black pavements and road sections. Two of them have light and sound, as can be seen here: プラレール Enoshima Enoden Plarail, Xmas 2019 - YouTube. These houses came fully assembled.

Then there are 64 (if I counted them correctly) standard RMZ 2-story buildings:

[Image: IMG-20210314-003641.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210314-003816.jpg]

That includes the East, South, West and Red Tower, that are built of 4 corner RMZ buildings each. The West Tower:

[Image: IMG-20210314-004655.jpg]

Additionally, there is this Gift-Shop which is also an RMZ building, but without the upper floor, so it docks with other houses at the Central Station:

[Image: IMG-20210314-020441.jpg]

The RMZ houses were and are rather cheap, but lately I noticed they increased the price of shipping if you order a larger number of items... I used to order 10 or 20 houses each time, and shipping was free or something symbolic, but now if you order 7 or 8 houses it's 150 USD or so... Well, at least that's the case for shipping to Europe where I am...

The RMZ houses need to be assembled, but it's very easy and no glue is needed, except for the towers built of 4 corner houses: I put some glue for plastic there and I tied them together with an elastic band for a while. They look very nice, and fit perfectly the Plarail loops! Smile

Three houses that look like RMZ buildings are German Herpa City 1:64 Kebab Restaurant, the Ice Cream Shop, and the Infirmary:

[Image: IMG-20210314-004843.jpg]

And there are three Outland Models 1:87 buildings in the northern suburbs:

[Image: IMG-20210314-005129.jpg]

These Outland houses are also assembled with no glue used; very clever system of very small spikes and holes that fit together nicely!

So we have a total of four manufacturers. Smile

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 03-14-2021

They all look great and my favorites might be the shorter, no name, ones except that I wish they had gray instead of black sidewalks as that would match up with the Plarail accessories. The road part would be fine in black as it could represent an asphalt pavement so painting the curb and sidewalk would be a perfect modification.

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 03-19-2021

[Image: EGYPT-3.jpg]

PLARAIL ANCIENT EGYPT ADVENTURE SET

Did you know that railway traffic was developed in Ancient Egypt? You don't believe me? In addition to the pharaoh's train, there was also the transport of goods, as well as intercity and commuter passenger traffic. Watch this short film and see for yourself!

Beside the Desert Speeder (the Pharaoh's train), that comes with this set, in this video you can see JR Kyushu's Aru Ressha Train. [More of Aru Ressha here

Music:
Casablanca Caravan - Chirs Haugen
Desert Caravan - Aaron Kenny

[Image: IMG-20210319-130858.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210319-131425.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210319-131559.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210319-131726.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210319-132213.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210319-133210.jpg]

Interestingly, in Plarail’s 2001 Catalog, this set looks different in many details than the final version. Obviously it's a prototype, because the pyramid, the puzzle-switch, the passage with the all-seeing eye - are all a bit different, and even the train is somewhat different and has a trailer! That trailer (wagon) appears in Tomy's video on that set, but it's not included in the final product. Too bad, I like it...

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - GreatGordonFan - 03-19-2021

@Mister No, Why can I find almost no information about that set online?

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - DalaGStanator - 03-19-2021

Ah, the Ancient Egypt Adventure Set. Ever since Muddy showed it off on his layouts, I loved the unique pieces from it and thought they looked borderline awesome. If only the planned series kept going and had similar sets depicting China, Rome, Greece and the like (not bad competition for LEGO Adventurers back then).

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - MuddyPoppins - 03-19-2021

Awesome and very cool that you got this set!! Do you love it?

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 03-20-2021

@GreatGordonFan:

I really don't know why there is only so much online about this set. It's a wonderful set and most peculiar Plarail set IMHO, and the elements look (and feel!) awesome. But there is Muddy's video, now mine, and a few others on YouTube, including this Tomy official video:

And there is this 2001 Tomy Catalog excerpt:

[Image: IMG-20210319-205419.jpg]

As I mentioned before, the final product looks very different from the picture in that catalog, I'm sorry they didn't make the little trailer (wagon), which can be seen in their official commercial too.

That's all I found out on that set. What else about this set did you expect to find online, GreatGordonFan?

@laG:

Well, there were plans to do more "adventure" set for sure, because this one is PA-1 (PA meaning Plarail Adventure). So I guess it should have been PA-2, 3 etc. ... I know it's been 20 years now, but they could still make something like that - Ancient China, Japan, Israel, Babylon, Greece, Rome, Mayans... you name it! I'm sure they'll sell them like hot cakes! 

@Muddy:

Sure I do! I plan to run him on the big layout too. I just wish they made it's trailer (wagon). In the matter of fact, they made that trailer, didn't they? It's in the commercial (and the catalog), but not in the set! So is there just one copy of it (the prototype), or what?

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - MuddyPoppins - 03-20-2021

IDK Mister No..
That’s the first I’ve ever seen of that wagon!
I sure do wish that it came with the set too.
I have always thought that it was a lonely looking vehicle and needed something to pull, funny to find out that it was intended to.
It sure is fast without it though huh!?!? Big Grin

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 03-20-2021

That is very interesting about that Wagon Mr No, never knew that. Wonder what it was supposed to represent...a sarcophagus, stone block to build the pyramids??? Thanks for the info Smile

Is that a gray coupler on the back???