Blue Plastic Tracks
Whats This? Tokyo Sakura Tram? - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Takara/TOMY/Plarail/Tomica world (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Whats This? Tokyo Sakura Tram? (/thread-4040.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Whats This? Tokyo Sakura Tram? - Super - 04-08-2020

Tokyo Sakura Tram

I don't think I have heard of this. Is it new and maybe a site specific release because there isn't a model number? Whatever it is...I like it!

RE: Whats This? Tokyo Sakura Tram? - AOF04 - 04-08-2020

I have started seeing these the last few days on Japan Auction sites.
I like it too.  Sure goes fast by the looks of the video

RE: Whats This? Tokyo Sakura Tram? - Super - 04-08-2020

I noticed the speed doesn't fit what a Tram would be. It has the very new motor chassis and I couldn't see if it was a two speed or not with the owner opting for fast in the video. I also noticed in the video that the upper boards graphics look to be stickers.

RE: Whats This? Tokyo Sakura Tram? - AOF04 - 04-08-2020

I noticed the stickers too.  Stickers seem to be very common place now days, which is disappointing.

RE: Whats This? Tokyo Sakura Tram? - violater - 04-08-2020

It is just a new product announced a few weeks ago.

RE: Whats This? Tokyo Sakura Tram? - chrisjo - 04-08-2020

Available 6th April from:

Station manager office of 16 Toei subway stations - (Gotanda, Shimbashi, Asakusa Bridge, Hibiya, Suidobashi, Sugamo, Takashimadaira, Ichigaya, Bakuro Yokoyama, Motoyawata, Ueno Okachimachi, Monzennakacho, Daimon (Oedo Line), Aoyama 1-chome, Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Nerima)

Tokyo Sakura Tram (Toden Arakawa Line) - Arakawa Train Office & Minowabashi Omoide Museum

info from Platetsu.com

RE: Whats This? Tokyo Sakura Tram? - Mister No - 04-08-2020

Wow! Woow! What a beautiful tram! I don't mind the stickers, tram looks very nice and it's very detailed. It would look great in my Plarail depot. Smile

[Image: sub_i_202003309066_h_02.png]

(04-08-2020, 04:37 AM)Vio Wrote: It is just a new product announced a few weeks ago.

Wow...Announced just a few weeks ago and already available for sale? A bit unusual as we have usually had more information on a release much earlier than that if not just rumors. Anyone seen more info as far as whether its a 2 speed?

I assume that this new part on Plarail boxes indicates the new motor chassis system for the trains but can anyone translate what this says?

[Image: image.jpg]

RE: Whats This? Tokyo Sakura Tram? - chrisjo - 04-08-2020

Full details here. The page shows that you can interchange various super-speed and remote-control chassis.

Above the icon it just says "Change OK".

Thanks Dr Chris

Thats interesting about the swapping out of the R/C chassis. Wonder if they have plans to sell just the chassis with a controller unit, that would be cool. It would be even cooler if that controller could be used for multiple trains at the same time and that, in addition to selling the controller and a chassis as a set also offer addition chassis by themselves to add on.

Am I just a dreamer....Plarail...are you listening?