Blue Plastic Tracks
All Engines Go NEWS - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: All Engines Go NEWS (/thread-4387.html)

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 10-09-2021

No, they don't have side rods in the show. The toys are true to that. Except for that hole in the wheels! Big Grin

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 10-09-2021

My doubts are confirmed. When I saw how big these new toys are (especially how tall they are), I immediately suspected that they wouldn’t be able to get through the various previously released elements of Trackmaster sets. Guess I was right:

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Super - 10-10-2021

After watching that my face had the same expression as the one on Thomas Undecided

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 10-10-2021

The problem is that the manufacturer creates the impression that these trains work with other Trackmaster merchandise. It's been said (quote): "Connect this train set with other Thomas & Friends™ tracks, except wood, to create more railway adventures!" 

Yes, the word is "tracks", not "layout elements" or something like that, but everyone will get the impression that these engines, like other Trackmasters, work on all Trackmaster stuff their kids already have at home, and they obviously don't. That's slightly deceptiveDodgy

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 10-11-2021

Ok, they lose the side rods (and their front lights for that matter, who cares!), but there is one more important thing they decided to ditch, and that's actually a biggie....

MY OH MY! WHERE ARE THE DOORS??
[Image: GUEST-db77c6f0-5791-48e5-a0c9-8b3c8050a2f0.webp]

[Side note: I absolutely adore this face! Heart Heart Heart  ]

Ok, Clarabel lost her guard's compartment, and she now faces forward when coupled up behind Annie instead of facing backwards... No problem. But where are the doors?  Huh

[Image: James-Pulling-Annieand-Clarabel.png]

I don't consider this a nitpicking: if you are in business carrying passengers, then passengers should be able to board your transportation vehicles, shouldn't they? What's the point of passenger trains if no passengers can ride them?  Angry

Annie and Clarabel don't have their names on the bodies of the cars; their names have been replaced with ornate patterns. Fine. But that's a minor problem; they don't have doors anymore. And that IS a problem:

[Image: Main-Annie.png]

[Image: Main-Clarabel.png]

As simple as that: Annie and Clarabel are now the only passenger coaches in the world that can't take... well, passengers! Splendid. Dodgy

But, apparently, they gained the ability to move by themselves. Why?  Huh Huh

The main problem remains, though: they don't have doors!! Nobody can get in. Why would any railroad have passenger cars that no one can board?

Oh, nobody can get in the engines either! Look, they lack the doors too:

[Image: ASilent-Delivery-Promo.png]

I remembered the producers saying they won't have people in the show (except the Fat Controller). Now that explains everything: no people, no need for doors on passenger cars, because no one can use them anyway. But then, why there are passenger cars at all?  Huh

And the models are made so nice and detailed, only without the doors, because the engines and coaches have no doors in the TV-Show either, I suppose... Bummer. Confused

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Super - 10-11-2021

[Image: laughing-dog-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Reboot Percy with moving side rods!

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 10-11-2021

See? I told you: where there are holes, there will be side rods!  Angel

By the looks of his mod, he used Plarail or original Trackmaster Rods which have a little smaller ball and are a little longer than the Revolution fitting Rods.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Super - 10-13-2021

Video of how the above YouTuber modified Percy  with side rods.....Buuuuuuuttttt...whats this????

Thomas and Percy has almost the exact same face mirrored???

[Image: Untitlghed.jpg]