Blue Plastic Tracks
All Engines Go NEWS - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: All Engines Go NEWS (/thread-4387.html)

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - chrisjo - 12-10-2021

You know what's even sillier than that?  THEY CAN TALK!!!!!

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Trainboy90 Productions - 12-10-2021

According to the Motorized wiki, the Motorized CGI engines will be discontinued after this year in favor of the reboot versions.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - GreatGordonFan - 12-10-2021

What About plarail? I have noticed plarail thomas stocks are getting skimpy, and the prices are going up.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 12-11-2021

Plarail Thomas will go on. With so many fans of Thomas & Friends in Japan only, so many lovers of Plarail, with so many theme parks, even real railroads with Thomas & Friends steam locomotives, the Plarail Thomas story just can't cease at once.

Yes, they had some... not so spectacular Thomas products this year. Kenji's set was ... well, not spectacular, new Dokidoki Mountain was a miss, but hey - they still make trains! So I'm sure there will be at least some new and nice Thomas Plarail trains in the upcoming year! Smile

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Trainboy90 Productions - 12-11-2021

Some fans outside of Japan prefer Plarail over Motorized

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 12-11-2021

I'm one of them! Smile

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - GreatGordonFan - 12-11-2021

If you mean Plarail Thomas from 2003-2018, then yes count me in!

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - ThomasSirHandel - 12-11-2021

(12-10-2021, 06:25 PM)Trainboy90 Productions Wrote: According to the Motorized wiki, the Motorized CGI engines will be discontinued after this year in favor of the reboot versions.

I suggest wait for an official source as sometimes wikis can have unsourced information.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - leylandvictory2 - 12-12-2021

Christmas is around corner.  Is it safe to assume that the trackmaster 2 Christmas 3 train set (Thomas, a tanker and a rolling stock) will not be released?  or should I say cancelled completely?

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 12-13-2021

When does Fisher-Price actually consider something released? Is there any announcement, as Takara Tomy does for Plarail? It's really a little unusual not to release a Christmas train at least a month before Christmas, right?

There are also some products that are released ... but somehow not quite. An interesting example is the “Nia and the Elephant Set” (the one with the nice bridge). I saw an unboxing video on YouTube back in July. However, it seems that the set has not yet been released according to the Fisher-Price website, it is not on Amazon, but I saw it on eBay, where you can get those three new small sets with Edward & Bulstrode, Gordon and Thomas, too. Are these sets released for sale at all, when they can’t be purchased anywhere else? And how are they available on eBay and nowhere else?

As for the AEG engines, they only released Thomas, Percy, Muddy Thomas and Party Percy. Somewhere on the net (it seems to me on Twitter) I saw that someone also got the "Fix‘ em up Friends Set" (the one with Carly and Sandy), but I couldn't find it anywhere online. And what's with that big "Thomas & Percy Cargo Race Train Set"? You could buy it in Australia only, and now it popped up on eBay. And nowhere else.

All in all, the launch of new products at that company seems a bit strange to me. I don't have much experience with Fisher-Price products; does anyone know anything more about this?