Blue Plastic Tracks
All Engines Go NEWS - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: All Engines Go NEWS (/thread-4387.html)

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 03-08-2022

Farm Engines! New Motorized and Push Along engines announced:

Around the Farm 6-Pack (Double-jointed pack with Push Along)
[Image: NEWENGINES1.webp]
Farm Thomas:
[Image: NEWENGINES2.webp]
Farm Percy:
[Image: NEWENGINES3.webp]
Farm Kana:
[Image: NEWENGINES4.webp]

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - TheDiamondDalek - 03-08-2022

I won't lie, some of the push-alongs look pretty good... the TM models however...? no...

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - TrainMan2001 - 03-09-2022

I think the rolling stock looks interesting, but the animals printed on the sides of the engines are definitely weird.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Super - 03-09-2022

LOL...that pink pig looks like hes ready to explode Smile

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - leylandvictory2 - 03-10-2022

the rolling stocks are quick disappointing.  they are basically the same.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 03-10-2022

I think the most disappointing thing on the rolling stock is they don't make them with toothed wheels; that won't go well, especially on the steep curved slopes... Confused

Motorized Hiro and Kenji

[Image: NEWENGINES5-Hiro2.jpg]

[Image: NEWENGINES5.webp][Image: NEWENGINES5-Hiro3.jpg][Image: NEWENGINES6-Kenji3.jpg]
[Image: NEWENGINES6-Kenji.webp][Image: NEWENGINES6-Kenji2.jpg][Image: NEWENGINES6-Kenji4.jpg]

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Super - 03-10-2022

Thanks Mr No

Was Hiro ever released in the Revolution/Trackmaster II series? The wheels somehow look off in this new rendition above. Speaking of off, doesn't it look weird that Kenji is pulling a Hopper Car? Isn't he a bullet or do I have that wrong?

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - leylandvictory2 - 03-10-2022

Super: there is a trackmaster revolution Hiro.  As far as I am aware of, it only comes in individual set.  

[Image: s-l1600-1.jpg]

The AEG Hiro and Kenji don't look to bad.  In fact, I actually like Kenji with its transparent windows. Sadly the shades of colour on AEG Kenji doesn't match the colour of the trackmaster revolution Kenji coaches.  

As for Hiro, fisherprice can step up further by actually printing the word, "hiro" on the gold side plate.  it just makes them look lazy.  

AEG Kenji is one of my wanted list as I like the rolling stock it comes with.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Super - 03-10-2022

Thanks Leyland, I just didn't remember that Revolution Hiro but then again I don't have much knowledge (or memory) of the Thomas side of trains.

As for Hiro's name plate on the AEG, I did notice that there was no printing but maybe they just forgot to add it in on the prototype image and the real release will have it. If not...that would be pretty silly and as you say, lazy. Heck...if you aren't going to print 4 letters on it...why even put the plate there?

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 03-10-2022

Of course, it seems strange that Kenji is only pulling a hopper car. Even in the Push Along variant, Kenji pulls (only one, but still) a normal bullet train wagon.

[Image: push-along-kenji1.jpg]

But Mattel seems to be adamant in making solo locomotives exclusively with small trucks. Kana also doesn’t have a suitable Shinkansen wagon, just a small "recycling" truck, although we saw her on the TV show with suitable bullet train cars. This seems to be intentional, in order to release complete three-unit-trains in some future “Greatest Moments” packaging. Just guessing.

The problem with inadequate wagons persists. There are no large vans or other wagons, neither passenger nor freight. Only small trucks. Annie & Clarabel are dwarfed by large Thomas. It was to be expected that some larger cattle cars would appear at least in the Farm cycle, as rather large wagons for transporting cows and pigs appear in the series. But that did not happen. 

[Image: Horrible-Hiccups11.webp]

Kenji’s clear plastic windows look nice. Such windows contribute to the realism of the model. The paradox is that this happens with AEG models, which in themselves are not overly realistic. I wish Plarail's trains had such transparent windows instead of holes.

Hiro’s nameplate is almost certainly intentionally left blank, as any inscriptions seem to be avoided. Annie & Clarabel do not have names written on them either, they have been replaced by ornaments (in the cartoon and on the merch). Maybe it's because these toys are primarily intended for preschool children.