Blue Plastic Tracks
All Engines Go NEWS - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: All Engines Go NEWS (/thread-4387.html)

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 09-17-2022

Yes, that is definitely at least one of the reasons for such a business strategy. But that, in the eyes of some consumers, is simply wrong. For example, they didn't make me want to buy a certain new product (because that desire already exists!); instead, they caused me frustration, because I can't do it.

In addition, some important areas have been completely neglected. European Amazons do not even have a third of the Thomas & Friends range of the American Amazon. I ordered my Loop & Maintenance set on June 10th on German Amazon: it arrived just this morning, after more than three months, because German Amazon simply didn't get it in sufficient quantities. I complained, and they kindly replied to me from amazon.de:

Quote:I have checked your "Thomas & Friends HJY30 Train Set" is still out of stock, we have not received it from the supplier yet. When you placed this order, there were few train sets still available and our system allowed you to proceed with the order. However, more customers have ordered this item at the same time, and after the order is placed, if the system cannot choose a warehouse the product should be sent from, it means that it is actually out of stock and that others have already reserved it.

Your order is still active, as soon as we receive the train set from the supplier, we will send it to you immediately. Since you have placed the order on June 10, you will have priority in this case. I know you have been waiting almost three months and I apologize for this, if you wish to proceed with item cancellation, please inform us about it. In case you decide to wait longer, we can simply leave the order as it is. You can simply cancel it whenever you want without consequences if you manage to find it outside of Amazon.

Once again, I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you.

So it is clear: not only do they cause frustration in customers, but they also put their business partners, such as Amazon, in an uncomfortable position, because they have to apologize to customers due to Mattel's bad business policy.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 09-24-2022

Crystal Caves Adventure Set

[Image: CRYSTAL-CAVES-ADVENTURE-SET-1.jpg]

[Image: CRYSTAL-CAVES-ADVENTURE-SET-2.jpg]

[Image: CRYSTAL-CAVES-ADVENTURE-SET-3.jpg]

[Image: CRYSTAL-CAVES-ADVENTURE-SET-4.jpg]

[Image: CRYSTAL-CAVES-ADVENTURE-SET-5.jpg]

[Image: CRYSTAL-CAVES-ADVENTURE-SET-6.jpg]
This item will be released on December 27, 2022.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - leylandvictory2 - 09-24-2022

i am disappointed the crystal ball doesn't come off the flatbed freely.

I am delighted with this set. Unlike many so far, which combine already known elements, this tipping bridge seems to me to be a new construction. I don't remember seeing such a tipping bridge before. Either way, the bridge looks cool and would be familiar to viewers of the AEG TV show.

I guess this is an alternative for those who want a set with a crystal cave, but the Crystal Caves & Trains Mega Set is too big for them. But on the other hand, this set contains an important element that is not in the Mega Set, the mentioned bridge. In addition, this Crystal Thomas is different from the one from the Mega Set. Except for the crystal, it has the same flag from that Push Along pack with Darcy. 

I just don't understand why the sets almost always have a motorized Thomas. Why not, say, Diesel? Or some other engine that has not yet been released in a track set?

I found this set on the German Amazon (for €34.68) and that set is "dispatched from and sold by Amazon". What angers me is the note on amazon.de: "This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location." 😡

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Super - 09-24-2022

I find the release date quite odd. Is this intentional and some type of new sales strategy? Two days after Xmas????

I noticed that too. But we have to keep in mind they announced a dozen new sets and engines, and many of them will probably be released before Christmas. In my opinion, they announced a bit too many products in a very short time.
Moreover, this is only the release date on Amazon Germany. Perhaps this set will be released in the States sooner. Or next year, you never know...

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 09-27-2022

Just a short info about the Sodor Take Along Set

While the set has some serious flaws, which I've shown in my video (the worst of which is that 2 out of 3 sheds are fake), here's one interesting thing. When the "suitcase" is unfolded, the "tunnel" created in this way is too low, so AEG engines cannot pass through - - but Plarail engines can!

[Image: SODOR-TAKE-ALONG-INFO.jpg]

Bearing in mind that, visually, it is a nice diorama of Sodor, collectors of Plarail trains might consider incorporating it into their layouts. Just a thought.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 10-03-2022

Here is an example of unfair advertising that companies should avoid. 
Emily in "official" photos on Amazon:

[Image: Emily-Emily-01.jpg]

Emily as you get when you buy her - my photo (title photo from my video on Emily):

[Image: EMILI-MOT-2.jpg]

Okay, mine also has some kind of factory error on her left buffer, but where did the red front and black painted buffers go?

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 10-05-2022

I suppose I'm too heavy for this, but here is rebooted Power Wheels Thomas from FP:

[Image: PW1.jpg]

[Image: PW2.jpg]

40 LB? Yup, I'm too heavy. 😁

[Image: PW3.jpg]

[Image: PW4.jpg]

[Image: PW5.jpg]

[Image: PW6.jpg]

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Super - 10-05-2022

Looks like loads of fun. Wouldn't it be neat if they also offered extra track packs where a parent could create a whole backyard layout?