Blue Plastic Tracks
All Engines Go NEWS - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: All Engines Go NEWS (/thread-4387.html)

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - ThomasSirHandel - 08-24-2021

Yeah, the reboot would have worked if it was not branded as Thomas and was instead original characters.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 08-24-2021

I still can't understand why they make Sandy as... a box!
She is just a piece of cargo Thomas is carrying around?  Huh  
[Image: Reboot-Sandy-Box.png]
Sandy (Sandy the Rail Speeder) could be really useful small motorized model engine... something like Scruff. And she is just... a box.  Confused

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - chrisjo - 08-24-2021

(08-24-2021, 05:45 PM)GreatGordonFan Wrote: It's disgusting, it's scary, it's unrealistic, it's stupid and traumatizing.

But apart from that it's OK?

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 08-24-2021

Reboot sucks. Mattel made a lousy move. It's a sad day, etc. etc. All the fans seem to agree on that. Right.

But again, I ask all the protesters: do you really think those cheaply made Revolution toys with spiked wheels and faulty sets were any better? I really don't think so.

The internet (especially YouTube) is overwhelmed with reboot-hate reactions. And at the same time I hear only praises for Mattel's current line, particularly the talking engines... But look at them. Look at this cheap toy:

[Image: ugly.jpg]

Is this Gordon? Is this realistic? Only if you have generous imagination. Ugly design, ugly number, ugly red button, ugly wheels, ugly hinges, ugly everything. This is a cheap crap. Also, they sell (for years!) crappy sets with totally unrealistic flying engines, walking bridges, even XL sets that do not work as advertised for USD 50, USD 100... And people were buying that crap, not much negative opinions were recorded. Why? 

I agree: reboot sucks. But the current production line sucks at least as much as reboot. These cheaply made toys are already unrealistic and bad. Just forget about them and about the reboot. Hopefully no one is going to come and steal our quality Plarail and Hit Toys models from us.  Cool

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - GreatGordonFan - 08-25-2021

@Mister No, One of the only good toys from the line is that gold thomas and mettalic gordon pack. TBH, I seriously want that pack.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Tons of Trackmasters - 08-25-2021

(08-24-2021, 10:41 PM)Mister No Wrote: Reboot sucks. Mattel made a lousy move. It's a sad day, etc. etc. All the fans seem to agree on that. Right.

A lot of people who started out saying "it's terrible, I'm never gonna watch it" are now gravitating towards it. At the end of the day, AEG is what gets you the views on YouTube and milking it dry appears to be what makes you successful, that's another reason as to why the fans (particularly younger ones) are "enjoying" it. I personally don't see the appeal.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - TrainsRawesome - 08-25-2021

It seems Mattel is doing everything in their power to make older fans somehow stop bashing the reboot so much (bringing back Henry, Annie and Clarabel, Cranky, and various locations they sort of neglected in the BWBA era), and it unfortunately seems to be succeeding. Seriously, how do you suddenly start liking something after seeing the first few episodes which contain all of the horrendous flaws that you were moaning about just a few days ago?

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Tons of Trackmasters - 08-26-2021

the "oh my goodness it Edward and henry!!!" is actually getting annoying. why wouldn't they be there? It makes absolutely no sense! The switch from " I hate it, It's the worst thing I've ever seen" trope becoming "WOW A CHARACTER REPAINT APPEARED" or "awww he's so cute" Is really jarring. I'd be up to that level of hype if There was a gold thomas on eBay, Not this.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - GreatGordonFan - 08-26-2021

I will admit, I was very surprised to see edward and Henry, but from what I am seeing all over youtube, I'm starting to question about what's going on with a lot of members in the fandom.
Also, I'm becoming extremely frustrated with people uploading so many AEG videos on youtube. A lot of them are things like 3 second clips of an engine's whistle or a 2 second clip of a green gordon with a number 3 passing vicarstown. For crying out loud WHO CARES?

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - chrisjo - 08-26-2021

Is it true that Thomas can fly underwater while playing 'Dixie' on a kazoo? Which Railway Series book was that in again?