Blue Plastic Tracks
All Engines Go NEWS - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: All Engines Go NEWS (/thread-4387.html)

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - ThomasSirHandel - 09-03-2021

I asked that user where they got the source from and they said it was just speculation because they were paranoid. Also to point out the reboot motorized Thomas and Percy are different codes from the CGI motorized versions and no other characters are being released yet apart from Thomas, Percy and the Carly set. So I guess CGI motorized and Plarail are safe for now.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Trainboy90 Productions - 09-03-2021

I hope they can continue production on both

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - sunhuntin - 09-03-2021

the entire plarail line was reduced this year, with lots of re-releases of both licensed and those based on actual trains. i wouldnt go freaking out and having a melt down just yet. there is a little pandemic that is making normal production near impossible in many countries and affecting many manufacturers. even mattel is not immune, with supplies of hot wheels dropping low everywhere.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - chrisjo - 09-03-2021

(09-02-2021, 10:32 PM)Trainboy90 Productions Wrote: Hopefully it's not true
But it's on Twitter, so it MUST be true. Game over.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Super - 09-03-2021

LOL...Dr Chris this reminds me of a little ditty by John Fogerty  "I Know its True...Cause I Saw it on T.V."

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - ThomasSirHandel - 09-03-2021

Yeah I assume the lack of Plarail releases is limited due to the pandemic. Though, for the 30th anniversary I think they should re-release engines 1-6 engines in their 2003 designs but without any rolling stock as well as Duck, Oliver and the Scottish Twins.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - GreatGordonFan - 09-06-2021

What makes me saddest about the entire reboot is that Thomas has lost everything that made it unique. It's now just like every other generic braindead baby shows out there.

Just look at some of the episodes, they are literally no different to any other show: "License to Deliver" is just a typical episode about spies. "The rules of the game" is an episode about thomas learning that his friends wont always want to play everything he wants etc.

Also remember that Thomas The Tank Engine was a show about steam engines, heavy metal machines, not some weird hyperactive things that leave the rails half of the time.

I can't believe so many "fans" say the reboot is ok because the characters are "cute" (I believe cute means petrifying) and buy the merch. This fandom was already anarchic as no one respected each other's opinions (I'm guilty of this too) is now falling apart right in front of our very eyes.

How did a series that had so much heart, care, charm and realism put into it drop down to a generic baby show that? I genuinely felt like crying as I wrote this post

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Trainboy90 Productions - 09-06-2021

I'm not buying any reboot merch. I'm hoping they can keep the CGI and Reboot Push Alongs in production at the same time. I'm afraid they're going to discontinue the CGI version to make people love the reboot so much. The reboot characters may look cute but not anywhere realistic at all. I still prefer the original Thomas over the reboot.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - GreatGordonFan - 09-08-2021

I used to feel pure anger at the reboot and mattel. I still feel angry, but more sad. The reboot just makes me sad.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 09-11-2021

"Angry parents steaming over 'frightening' Thomas the Tank Engine makeover!"  Angel Cool Big Grin

"Parents claimed the new Thomas animation was 'frightening' and looked like 'Dennis the Menace'!" 

Angry parents? Oh! I already see some people in Mattel collecting pictures of their spouses and children and their plants from the desks and putting them in boxes...!  Rolleyes