Blue Plastic Tracks
i caved, sorry guys.... - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Show Us What You Bought (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: i caved, sorry guys.... (/thread-445.html)

Pages: 1 2

i caved, sorry guys.... - sunhuntin - 08-11-2014

yeh, i caved. *sigh* called in a department store yesterday and found the new trackmaster range. before i knew it, i was buying timothy, gator and scared james. couple of hours later, and i was back buying the 3 track expansions. sheesh! luckily, they had 20% off. can see these being clearanced before too long.

gator, likely my favourite of the 3.
[Image: gator.jpg]

scared james
[Image: jamesscared.jpg]

timothy
[Image: timothy.jpg]

tunnel expansion pack
[Image: tunnelexpansion3.jpg]

raceway? more like accidents are going to happen!
[Image: racewayexpansion3.jpg]

maron bridge
[Image: maronbridge3.jpg]

also got this last week, a 1981 canadian silver dollar commemorating the trans-canada railway. my main passion in life is canada, so i couldnt pass up buying this for an actual new zealand dollar. its worth a bit more than that, but a poor photo and description helped.
[Image: GEDC1086.jpg]

RE: i caved, sorry guys.... - ActionChugger - 08-11-2014

We need a PA section: Plarail AnonymousRolleyes

It is plarail therapy, great for your health and others.

RE: i caved, sorry guys.... - Super - 08-11-2014

Certainly no need to apologize for your purchases Sunhunting. Everyone here has their likes and dislike. The main bond that we all have is that we like trains and that what this site is all about.

That is really a cool Canadian Looney with a train theme. Are you going to put it in one of those plastic coin cases?

RE: i caved, sorry guys.... - Ucwepn - 08-11-2014

Yes no need to apologize! I always say if you like something buy it!

So what are your thoughts on the new track and loco designs seeing them first hand?

You are lucky to find the 2 tone Gator I hear they made him just the lighter green all over without the gold colored piping below now.

RE: i caved, sorry guys.... - Trackmaster-Rail-Yard - 08-11-2014

I caved in too Sunny!
I recently found myself getting Timothy and Scared James!

I have to say I like the redisigned Scared James and Timothy but that's it. I'll be putting in a hyper dash motor in my James but from that those are the only ones I'll probably get. Whenever the water tower set comes around I'll get it to look at the track and Thomas but that's all. I really need to stock up on the others! I have about 5-6 un-redisigned engines to get!

I crashed under pressure! Wink

.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 193.66 KB / Downloads: 77)

RE: i caved, sorry guys.... - TrainMan2001 - 08-11-2014

Nice job with the accident scene. A mysterious door likes to open when my trains are by it.Tongue

RE: i caved, sorry guys.... - Trackmaster-Rail-Yard - 08-11-2014

(08-11-2014, 10:25 PM)TrainMan2001 Wrote: Nice job with the accident scene. A mysterious door likes to open when my trains are by it.Tongue

Heh heh. Thank ya

RE: i caved, sorry guys.... - TrainMan2001 - 08-12-2014

What did James crash into?

RE: i caved, sorry guys.... - Trackmaster-Rail-Yard - 08-12-2014

(08-12-2014, 12:26 AM)TrainMan2001 Wrote: What did James crash into?

I have an old truck that is in pieces so I rebuilt it and had james crash into it. Then I put extra stuff down like a fallin signal and couplers. I then took some wheels and had them placed at the front. Just some simple scene stuff Smile

RE: i caved, sorry guys.... - sunhuntin - 08-12-2014

therapy is right... mostly its retail therapy though!

super, the coin will be put in a proper holder, as soon as i have one! LOL. the one holder i do have, already has a coin in it, lmao

chris, im not impressed with the track at all. seems very tricky to put together and take apart. i was worried about breaking the tabs off, and im an adult who knows to be careful. wouldnt like to see my nephew, who is 6, try and work with it. would be trashed in minutes!
also, the bridge set has curves that are very slightly twisted to get the elevation. to the untrained eye, they are the same as regular curves, except for that slight twist, an extra tab on one end and the item code underneath. at least with the tomy and original trackmaster ones, they had the step underneath to make them stand out in a pile.
dont mind the trains so much, but in part i think thats due to not having a choice either. had they released the same 3 engines in both ranges, theres no argument which i would have bought.

TRY, love the accident scene. james suits it pefectly!!