Blue Plastic Tracks
trackmaster alfie - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Trackmaster Thomas and Friends (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: trackmaster alfie (/thread-5039.html)

trackmaster alfie - trevor369 - 05-19-2022

So no one here?
Wants to address the newest trackmaster Alfie? On ebay?
Only 975.00usd!

RE: trackmaster alfie - TheDiamondDalek - 05-19-2022

what a steal! I can't believe no one has discussed this yet!

RE: trackmaster alfie - trevor369 - 05-19-2022

The steal is for the seller! No side piece? No original packaging?!

RE: trackmaster alfie - MuddyPoppins - 05-19-2022

This made me chuckle…
You’ve been gone quite a while Trevor.
Alfie has been a VERY hot commodity for well over a year now.. $750 would probably be a fairer price, but it is a free market, so I don’t mind seeing some test it either, and it is an OBO.
It’s kind of a good thing, because there are people who really want one, but the people who have them don’t want to sell them, but when they see them going for close to a thousand dollars, they are more likely to bring theirs onto the market, making them available to the people waiting for a chance to buy one.
Priorities vs. Needs vs. Wants…
We are also in a moment where a $1000 isn't very much money and doesn’t buy much.

RE: trackmaster alfie - trevor369 - 05-23-2022

Yes Muddy.
I have been away for quite awhile.
Like an old song: It fades but doesn't loose it's value.
However? Back to the issue at hand.
Covid definitely stopped me in my "Blue Plastic Tracks"!

As far as Alfie goes???
Please bear with me here. Covid interrupted many things.
Are we serious????
Is Alfie going for this much???

RE: trackmaster alfie - Tons of Trackmasters - 12-20-2022

(05-19-2022, 07:50 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: This made me chuckle…
You’ve been gone quite a while Trevor.
Alfie has been a VERY hot commodity for well over a year now.. $750 would probably be a fairer price, but it is a free market, so I don’t mind seeing some test it either, and it is an OBO.
It’s kind of a good thing, because there are people who really want one, but the people who have them don’t want to sell them, but when they see them going for close to a thousand dollars, they are more likely to bring theirs onto the market, making them available to the people waiting for a chance to buy one.
Priorities vs. Needs vs. Wants…
We are also in a moment where a $1000 isn't very much money and doesn’t buy much.
I REALLY need one BUT there's just no way I'm gonna pay up that much for just Alfie without his box or even accessory. I don't know who keeps buying him for such exuberant prices but thats only making the price higher, what a pain.
[Image: Track-Master29-Prototype-Little-Friends-Alfie.webp]

RE: trackmaster alfie - Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp - 12-20-2022

The only reason why items like Alfie and oliver are being sold for such high prices is because there are people who are willing to pay these prices. I don't think Alfie is the rares item out there , he's rare, but if you were to look at the prices on sites like eBay you would think he's impossible to find.
As much as I too wold like to have the price go down on some of these items, because they just aren't worth that much, but unless people stop paying these ridiculous prices, then they just aren't going to go down. If people were to be patient and wait, the price would probably end up going down.