Blue Plastic Tracks
thomas and friends mini series - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Toys/Other (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-37.html)
+--- Forum: Thomas & Friends Minis (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: thomas and friends mini series (/thread-791.html)

RE: thomas and friends mini series - WRCanuck - 04-06-2016

Hi everyone, I just registered today but have been keeping up on this thread for a few weeks now. My 4 year old has been a big Thomas fan from only months old. We've got an extensive collection of Thomas wooden and Take & Play, along with a number of the LEGO Duplo Thomas sets. His interest in Thomas in the past year has slowed, but he still goes back to them despite new interests in Matchbox & Hot Wheels diecasts.

A few weeks ago he surprised me by choosing an 8-pack of Thomas Minis over a Hot Wheels car when we were at a local Walmart. I think it's the small scale of the Minis that are attractive to many — along with the unique designs.

I spotted the Walmart-exclusive 50 pack on clearance on my next visit to Walmart and promptly picked one up. The Easter bunny hid it for my son to find on Easter Sunday. He was over the moon.

I think I've caught the bug since then. I've been to a few Dollaramas (I'm in Canada) and have managed to collect all the 2016 Wave 1 blind bags that aren't re-issues. I also was back in the local Walmart this week and discovered a nearly empty box of 2015 Wave 3 blind bags. I managed to find 4 more that we didn't already have. I'm hoping to find more before they disappear off the shelves.

I have to say thank you to everyone contributing to this message thread. From here, I've learned how to read the blind bag codes and also was introduced to the excellent ixbyix online checklist.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Chromeant - 04-06-2016

(04-06-2016, 05:53 PM)WRCanuck Wrote: Hi everyone, I just registered today but have been keeping up on this thread for a few weeks now. My 4 year old has been a big Thomas fan from only months old. We've got an extensive collection of Thomas wooden and Take & Play, along with a number of the LEGO Duplo Thomas sets. His interest in Thomas in the past year has slowed, but he still goes back to them despite new interests in Matchbox & Hot Wheels diecasts.

A few weeks ago he surprised me by choosing an 8-pack of Thomas Minis over a Hot Wheels car when we were at a local Walmart. I think it's the small scale of the Minis that are attractive to many — along with the unique designs.

I spotted the Walmart-exclusive 50 pack on clearance on my next visit to Walmart and promptly picked one up. The Easter bunny hid it for my son to find on Easter Sunday. He was over the moon.

I think I've caught the bug since then. I've been to a few Dollaramas (I'm in Canada) and have managed to collect all the 2016 Wave 1 blind bags that aren't re-issues. I also was back in the local Walmart this week and discovered a nearly empty box of 2015 Wave 3 blind bags. I managed to find 4 more that we didn't already have. I'm hoping to find more before they disappear off the shelves.

I have to say thank you to everyone contributing to this message thread. From here, I've learned how to read the blind bag codes and also was introduced to the excellent ixbyix online checklist.

Where in Canada? There's a few of us here from Ontario.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - WRCanuck - 04-06-2016

(04-06-2016, 06:03 PM)Chromeant Wrote: Where in Canada? There's a few of us here from Ontario.

Hi Chromeant, I'm in Hamilton, Ontario.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Oliver's Dad - 04-07-2016

(04-06-2016, 07:03 PM)WRCanuck Wrote: Hi Chromeant, I'm in Hamilton, Ontario.

Welcome WRCanuck! I'm in Simcoe, ON.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Chromeant - 04-07-2016

(04-06-2016, 07:03 PM)WRCanuck Wrote: Hi Chromeant, I'm in Hamilton, Ontario.

Welcome. London, Ontario area here

RE: thomas and friends mini series - WRCanuck - 04-08-2016

Well, I was in another Walmart in Hamilton tonight on unrelated errands and strolled into the toy aisles. This location also still had 2015 Wave 3 blind bags and I ended up finding all but one of the remaining engines needed to complete that wave. I'm on the lookout for Bill (53). There were quite a few of the blind bags there.

The peg hooks had the DC Super Friends blister packs and a few of the original 8 packs but everything else was empty.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Oliver's Dad - 04-08-2016

(04-08-2016, 02:53 AM)WRCanuck Wrote: Well, I was in another Walmart in Hamilton tonight on unrelated errands and strolled into the toy aisles. This location also still had 2015 Wave 3 blind bags and I ended up finding all but one of the remaining engines needed to complete that wave. I'm on the lookout for Bill (53). There were quite a few of the blind bags there.

The peg hooks had the DC Super Friends blister packs and a few of the original 8 packs but everything else was empty.

Which DC packs did they have? Just the 9 pack and the first two 4 packs we've been seeing for awhile?

RE: thomas and friends mini series - WRCanuck - 04-08-2016

(04-08-2016, 03:53 AM)Olivers Dad Wrote: Which DC packs did they have? Just the 9 pack and the first two 4 packs we've been seeing for awhile?

Yes, that's all that was there.

The Walmart I was in earlier in the week had even less stock and almost all peg hooks were empty (they did, however, seem to have plenty of the collector's wheel with Golden Thomas), so I'm guessing new stock from the 2016 series will be replacing it soon. Anyone have any insight?

I also find it strange that Dollarama has 2016 blind bags, but the Walmarts around here still have 2015 bags on their shelves. Seems a bit backwards to me.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - YALLLOW - 04-08-2016

Received my 50 MINI pack & Advent Calendar from eBay and my Harley Quinn.. so my entire 2015 is complete and all but my DC Comic ones are awaiting. . . how do I post pictures? I have them all organized. Smile

[Image: train1_1.jpg][/url]

[Image: thomas%203.jpg][/url]

[Image: thomas1.jpg][/url]

[Image: thomas%202.jpg]

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Super - 04-08-2016

I love the picture with your son (?). Quite a snappy outfit and that Thomas is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Smile