Blue Plastic Tracks
thomas and friends mini series - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Toys/Other (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-37.html)
+--- Forum: Thomas & Friends Minis (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: thomas and friends mini series (/thread-791.html)

RE: thomas and friends mini series - drewbenn - 09-25-2016

(09-25-2016, 06:55 PM)Nigels Wrote: I've just been in my local supermarket and managed to find a bunch of 2016 wave 4, quite odd the numbers based on what I found start at least at 33 and go as high as at least 55. So the numbers overlap with those in wave 3, but they do not duplicate them as the models in the numbers that do overlap are different.

Does anyone know of a check list for this wave?

Well my own mini.ixbyix.com has Wave 4, and those numbers are about right (I've heard 26-59, with some gaps). What region are you in, if you don't mind my asking? Wave 4 has been spotted in Australia/New Zealand and in the UK with those numbers, that I've heard so far.

For 2016 Wave 4 production moved from Thailand to China, and the general speculation is that the different number scheme is related to the change to the new factory.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - drewbenn - 09-25-2016

It's also been posted on this thread, though several pages back, for example on page 90.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - sunhuntin - 09-25-2016

drew, i have copied your numbered lists and added them to the first post, hope thats ok. thought it would save endless searching.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Nigels - 09-25-2016

(09-25-2016, 09:09 PM)drewbenn Wrote: Well my own mini.ixbyix.com has Wave 4, and those numbers are about right (I've heard 26-59, with some gaps). What region are you in, if you don't mind my asking? Wave 4 has been spotted in Australia/New Zealand and in the UK with those numbers, that I've heard so far.

For 2016 Wave 4 production moved from Thailand to China, and the general speculation is that the different number scheme is related to the change to the new factory.

I'm in the UK mate, thanks I'll check the list and see if it matches the ones I picked up today Smile

(09-25-2016, 11:43 PM)sunhuntin Wrote: drew, i have copied your numbered lists and added them to the first post, hope thats ok. thought it would save endless searching.

Thanks Sun, great idea to keep it on the first page then we all know where to look Smile

Ok, checked the list and assuming the gaps are genuine gaps (gonna make it a pain if they gonna do that regular from now on) I got 8 to get to complete wave 4. Now all I need to do is get wave 1 which I missed <doh!> Smile

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Pablo392 - 09-26-2016

Do you guys think it's crazy to buy a whole trackset to get just one train? I don't see any other way to get the engine. Maybe I can sell the toy without the train for half the price for someone who doesn't care about the train but wants the toy. I feel like I am spending a lot more than I should on these little trains.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - YALLLOW - 09-27-2016

(09-26-2016, 08:06 PM)Pablo392 Wrote: Do you guys think it's crazy to buy a whole trackset to get just one train? I don't see any other way to get the engine. Maybe I can sell the toy without the train for half the price for someone who doesn't care about the train but wants the toy. I feel like I am spending a lot more than I should on these little trains.

LOL I laugh because I do that... from this collector, I buy the whole set to get the exclusive. For sure. Then I give the rest to my kids or divide them up for little kid presents when we go to Birthday parties. ((and I've stopped keeping track of what I'm spending on these cute little trains))

RE: thomas and friends mini series - OttawaQ - 09-27-2016

(09-24-2016, 10:41 PM)Pablo392 Wrote: I got your Glow in the Dark pack. Two of the stores didn't have it, lucky to find it at the 3rd store. Grabbed a pack for you.

I updated my list, I found the last missing piece of 2016/3 and now it's complete.

If you have any of my missing ones, it's really OK if they are not in package since I plan to open all of mine once I find a proper display.

That reminds me, How did you end up with so many Minis?

Lol, we ended up with so many minis because for a while there, I didn't know what the codes meant, and we were just blindly buying minis and hoping that we could get them all lol. Luckily for me, I found this forum!

I was able to pick up blind bags of the following:
2015 Wave 2 - Hero Thomas, Dino James, Metallic Edward and Old School Luke
2015 Wave 3 - James, Old School Salty
2015 Wave 4 - Robo Millie, Ben (he's actually the one from 2016 wave 2 though)
2016 Wave 2 - Racers Flynn, Dots Thomas, Junior Mints Emily, Sugar Daddy Toby
2016 Wave 4 - Creature Troublesome Truck, Electrified Henry

I may have a loose Sweets Sidney at home in the pile of minis, just have to check. That should complete your 2015 and 206 wave set, except for a few of the 2016 Wave 4s; someone got to them before I was able to snatch them up Sad

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Pablo392 - 09-27-2016

(09-27-2016, 12:08 PM)YALLLOW Wrote: LOL I laugh because I do that... from this collector, I buy the whole set to get the exclusive. For sure. Then I give the rest to my kids or divide them up for little kid presents when we go to Birthday parties. ((and I've stopped keeping track of what I'm spending on these cute little trains))

That's my plan, once I complete my set (I don't know if I ever will, but I'll try) I will give the duplicates to my son so he can play with them. I just don't know what to do with the play sets. Smile Just got 5 sets to get those 1-2 exclusives. Wife thinks the trains cost about $2 or so each Angel, so looking at the stash of 200+ trains, maybe $600, so she is OK with me trying to complete the collection, but in reality some of those trains cost a lot more because of the bundles and exclusives. Undecided

(09-27-2016, 01:20 PM)OttawaQ Wrote: Lol, we ended up with so many minis because for a while there, I didn't know what the codes meant, and we were just blindly buying minis and hoping that we could get them all lol. Luckily for me, I found this forum!

I was able to pick up blind bags of the following:
2015 Wave 2 - Hero Thomas, Dino James, Metallic Edward and Old School Luke
2015 Wave 3 - James, Old School Salty
2015 Wave 4 - Robo Millie, Ben (he's actually the one from 2016 wave 2 though)
2016 Wave 2 - Racers Flynn, Dots Thomas, Junior Mints Emily, Sugar Daddy Toby
2016 Wave 4 - Creature Troublesome Truck, Electrified Henry

I may have a loose Sweets Sidney at home in the pile of minis, just have to check. That should complete your 2015 and 206 wave set, except for a few of the 2016 Wave 4s; someone got to them before I was able to snatch them up Sad

Thanks so much, you can PM me with the details. I am sure I already have some of these in order since I just placed two more orders for walmart pick up, but one weekend I plan to sit down and go through each engine and mark the duplicates.

Since you have so many more than what I would be sending you please let me know what else I can do to make it fair for you. Is there anything else that I can get here that is hard for you to get up there? Even if it is not Minis, like funko etc.. please drop me a line.

Oh yes, IxByIx deserves a lot of praise on giving us those numbers on his list. Initially I was trying to peek through the light portion of the pack to see which train it was, and I also did end up with a lot of duplicates before I found his list. At one point I asked Walmart if I can buy a blind box untouched, they said they don't sell them by the box unless it's on display, then I could buy the box and contents, but of course no guarantee that they weren't mixed up.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - NDI13 - 09-29-2016

Found these 4-Packs at the store today. I'm not that familiar with the DC Superheroes but will hazard a guess on those 5 new DC minis: Batman Thomas, Star Sapphire Rosie, Black Lightning Dash, Super Boy Victor & I don't-know Toby. I stand corrected.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - sunhuntin - 09-29-2016

just when i thought the DC line was done and dusted, lol. thanks!