Blue Plastic Tracks
thomas and friends mini series - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Toys/Other (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-37.html)
+--- Forum: Thomas & Friends Minis (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: thomas and friends mini series (/thread-791.html)

RE: thomas and friends mini series - YALLLOW - 10-11-2016

(10-10-2016, 06:40 PM)mikedaws Wrote: Looks like there will be 3 new DC 9 packs coming out. Mix of new releases and previous releases. Looks like about 5 new trains per pack Smile

Oh my Lord!!!!!!!

WHY DO THESE LITTLE BUNDLES OF JOY HAVE SUCH A HOLD ON ME?!? WHHHHHY

[Image: iphone-toystory.gif]

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 10-11-2016

Also looks like another DC 4 pack. That's on top of the 2 that were released recently. Looks like 3 out of the 4 trains will be new. Looks like they really are trying to make every obscure character out there. It's great to have so many minis but who is the target audience? There is no way kids have any idea who these characters are. As an adult I have no idea who a fair amount of them are. I live in Canada and have been pretty lucky with the selection of minis that have made their way up here. Would be so much easier if fisher-price would release a full list of what's being released for the year. Without members from all over the world posting on community sites like this one, it would be tough to figure out what product has been released and what to look for. Thanks to all of you that post updates here on a regular basis. Looks like we'll all be busy this year tracking the minis down Smile on that note does anyone have pictures of the 2017/1 checklist included in the blind bag packs?

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Ksthomas209 - 10-11-2016

Also found the Spencer launcher at Toys r us. Yay! $5.99

RE: thomas and friends mini series - drewbenn - 10-11-2016

(10-11-2016, 03:30 PM)mikedaws Wrote: does anyone have pictures of the 2017/1 checklist included in the blind bag packs?

I was lurking on Twitter, and the person with the 2017/1 bags posted pictures of the checklist that came in a 2017/1 pack: but it was the 2016/3-4 checklist! So we may need to wait a little while to see new inserts.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - drewbenn - 10-11-2016

(10-11-2016, 03:30 PM)mikedaws Wrote: Would be so much easier if fisher-price would release a full list of what's being released for the year.

I think they're actually doing an okay job of this. Here on this thread we're really at the bleeding edge as we talk about rumors and new releases so our perspective is different, but almost all of the engines released so far have been shown on the official checklist posters. The thomasminis wikia for 2015 and 2016 has the 3 posters (a single poster for 2015, and 2 sides of one poster (side 1, side 2) for 2016) released so far. If you compare those posters to my own checklist webpage, the only blind bag (including 'unnumbered') engines missing from the posters are:
  • the exclusive DC engines from the SDCC '15 and '16 sets
  • the latest 6 new DC engines from the 2 new 4-packs
  • Spooky Spencer and Pirate Porter, from the Pop-Up Playsets
  • the 6 tootsie engines
  • and the checklist poster labels Glow-in-the-Dark Charlie as Skarloey instead (oops!)
So if you just went by the posters, as of a week or two ago you'd have listed every engine that was available for sale worldwide except the 2 engines sold with the Pop-Up Playsets.

I would assume that there will be a new poster coming out in the next few months that will include the Power Rangers, the newer DC engines and all the 2017 engines; and maybe even the Tootsie engines.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 10-12-2016

I managed to find #51 Platinum Thomas on west coast of Canada Smile

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 10-12-2016

Drewbenn. Totally agree that the fisher-price posters are excellent. Was just saying that I'm so greatful for the members of this community that continuously track down information and pictures of upcoming minis. Amazing work. Best resource page out there and also thanks for your online checklist. Such a great tool. Makes things so much easier having the resource available Smile

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Pablo392 - 10-12-2016

(10-11-2016, 03:30 PM)mikedaws Wrote: Would be so much easier if fisher-price would release a full list of what's being released for the year. Without members from all over the world posting on community sites like this one, it would be tough to figure out what product has been released and what to look for. Thanks to all of you that post updates here on a regular basis. Looks like we'll all be busy this year tracking the minis down Smile on that note does anyone have pictures of the 2017/1 checklist included in the blind bag packs?

When I contacted Fisher Price about this, they pointed me to their "service" website, claiming I could use that to keep track of minis, and of course the site had limited information on minis.

Here is their answer:

Thank you for reaching out to give us some feedback about our Thomas & Friends website. The mini's are pretty awesome, and I can understand wanting to see all the ones we have made, so you can collect them all! I am passing your comments along to our web team about wanting the complete collection of minis viewable on the website for collectors and fans like yourself.

On our service site, service.mattel.com, we do list a variety of the Mini products, so it might help in the meantime as an additional tool to help you catalog them all.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - YALLLOW - 10-12-2016

walmart.com for new 30 pack

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Shawn - 10-13-2016

I've also found wave 4, at Toys R Us, Mayfair Mall, in Victoria BC. The new numbers are annoying. It's never gonna be better than the first 3 2016 waves in terms of ease of collecting. I'm looking forward to the new minis for 2017, especially the classics. I do wish they would double down on the selection of classics though.