Blue Plastic Tracks
thomas and friends mini series - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Toys/Other (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-37.html)
+--- Forum: Thomas & Friends Minis (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: thomas and friends mini series (/thread-791.html)

RE: thomas and friends mini series - russell1117 - 12-12-2016

Ksthomas, where are you located?

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Ksthomas209 - 12-12-2016

San Diego, California

RE: thomas and friends mini series - russell1117 - 12-12-2016

Nice, I haven't seen the new DCs on our shelves in the Midwest yet. Excited for when they do!

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Ksthomas209 - 12-12-2016

I haven't opened anything except one of the 3 packs. And I was so dissapointed. They have gone cheap!!! The new ones weigh almost half what the others do. I feel cheated. Santa is giving the boys the spongebob minis for Christmas. Are they super cheap feeling too?

It almost makes me want to give up collecting.....ALMOST!!

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Pablo392 - 12-12-2016

(12-02-2016, 03:48 AM)mikedaws Wrote: The minis are now made in China whereas before they were made in Thailand. The quality has diminished a bit.

What about re-releases? Are they repacking what they had/didn't sell or are they re-making them in China now?

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 07:32 PM)Pablo392 Wrote: What about re-releases? Are they repacking what they had/didn't sell or are they re-making them in China now?

I'm pretty sure the re-releases are being made in China too. You could see the differences in the quality with the ones that were in the Costco pack. They seem lighter in color and weight. Hoping this improves. Really disappointing to see such a great toy line for the past few years already starting to diminish in quality.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Pablo392 - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 07:40 PM)mikedaws Wrote: I'm pretty sure the re-releases are being made in China too. You could see the differences in the quality with the ones that were in the Costco pack. They seem lighter in color and weight. Hoping this improves. Really disappointing to see such a great toy line for the past few years already starting to diminish in quality.

This is interesting, I need to pull two of these side by side and compare them.
It's not going to be fun but I'll try to do this.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 08:03 PM)Pablo392 Wrote: This is interesting, I need to pull two of these side by side and compare them.
It's not going to be fun but I'll try to do this.

Check out classic James and creature troublesome truck from the Costco pack vs the blind bags just as good examples

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mongoose - 12-12-2016

I just went through the checklist and I seem to only be missing 2 trains: Sports Bash and Lex Luthor Paxton. If anyone has these and could help me out, let me know!

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 12-13-2016

(12-12-2016, 10:41 PM)mongoose Wrote: I just went through the checklist and I seem to only be missing 2 trains: Sports Bash and Lex Luthor Paxton. If anyone has these and could help me out, let me know!

Lex Luther Paxton will be included in one of the new DC 9 packs of that helps out.