Blue Plastic Tracks
thomas and friends mini series - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Toys/Other (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-37.html)
+--- Forum: Thomas & Friends Minis (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: thomas and friends mini series (/thread-791.html)

RE: thomas and friends mini series - NDI13 - 01-31-2017

2017/2 are out in Australia. Here's the list that was shared.

40 Classic Hiro
50 Classic Millie
61 Construction Toby
64 Monster Troublesome Truck
68 Animal Dash
70 Classic Paxton
101 Animal Percy
123 Invisible Thomas
125 Classic Edward
126 Aquatic Spencer
127 Classic Henry
129 Classic Diesel
131 Classic Belle
132 Space Scruff
133 Aquatic Ben

There are 9 new releases: 61, 64, 68, 101, 123, 126, 131, 132, 133 which have been released in several multipacks.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 01-31-2017

Looks like there are only 5 trains in the 2017 wave 2 that haven't been released as of yet. I'm guessing there will also be 3 of the tootsies released in the North American blind bags. Most likely will be numbers 124,128 and 130 based on the hikes in the numerical sequence. I guess time will tell. 2017 wave 1 hasn't even made it to the westcoast of Canada yet. With these trains now being released and based on known trains to be released. There are only 10 more new trains to be released in waves 3 & 4. If more multipacks come out that number could go down. Also with the Special Edition Thomas being released in wave 2 instead of wave 4 like past releases the 2017 series may be done pretty quick. Also based on the rate of release maybe the 2017 will have numerous other trains added or maybe we'll be seeing the 2018 series sooner than later Smile I'm all for as many trains as they want to release. The more the better. I'm also hoping for another large scale crossover series similar to the DC ones. Maybe something cool like Star Wars, Masters of the Universe, Disney/Pixar or even Marvel. All would be great additions to this series.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Reivax - 02-01-2017

Appreciate the heads up on superstore. I went to the one in grimsby Ontario and sure enough the first 4 2017 3-packs were there. And there were plenty of them. A little bit of a drive for me, so I'd never thought to check there.

Up to 186 unique ones now. Still unsure if I want to tackle the still 36 unnumbered DC ones we don't have. If it weren't for those, I feel like getting the whole collection would be possible.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 02-01-2017

Does anyone have a picture of the new insert from the 2017 wave 2 blind bags. I've seen reports of the 'clear' Thomas being part of the monster series. Seems strange as there already is a 'clear' Henry. Is it not just a Special Edition Thomas? Can anyone confirm or deny?

RE: thomas and friends mini series - jdogman - 02-01-2017

It is a Monster Thomas. Just a clear transparent Thomas excluding the face. Strange choice since I don't really understand the connection, unless it's a ghost. Special Edition Thomas will come later.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 02-01-2017

(02-01-2017, 09:19 PM)jdogman Wrote: It is a Monster Thomas. Just a clear transparent Thomas excluding the face. Strange choice since I don't really understand the connection, unless it's a ghost. Special Edition Thomas will come later.

Thank you very much for the answer to my question. Still seems strange...considering there's invisible Henry and Ghost Troublesome Truck. Oh well guess we just go with it Smile

Does anyone know if Fisher-Price/Mattel will be having Minis in their booth at the NY Toy Fair? Can we expect some new product previews there? Smile

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 02-03-2017

Here's a photo of the new 'Shark' Cargo Train.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Yeahright - 02-03-2017

(02-01-2017, 09:32 PM)mikedaws Wrote: Thank you very much for the answer to my question. Still seems strange...considering there's invisible Henry and Ghost Troublesome Truck. Oh well guess we just go with it Smile

Does anyone know if Fisher-Price/Mattel will be having Minis in their booth at the NY Toy Fair? Can we expect some new product previews there? Smile

Yeah I have a friend in AUS who confirmed the clear thomas is part of the Monster Series. He also said the Special edition Thomas is the platinum one according to the insert.

(02-03-2017, 12:59 AM)mikedaws Wrote: Here's a photo of the new 'Shark' Cargo Train.

This pack appeared on Amazon.com but quickly disappeared. I managed to snag the last one and they ship to Canada. Also saw it was reported to be at Walmart as well. I went down to the US today and check Walmart in Niagara Falls and not 7 pack, Power Rangers or new DC 9 pack.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 02-03-2017

(02-03-2017, 03:55 AM)Yeahright Wrote: Yeah I have a friend in AUS who confirmed the clear thomas is part of the Monster Series. He also said the Special edition Thomas is the platinum one according to the insert.

This pack appeared on Amazon.com but quickly disappeared. I managed to snag the last one and they ship to Canada. Also saw it was reported to be at Walmart as well. I went down to the US today and check Walmart in Niagara Falls and not 7 pack, Power Rangers or new DC 9 pack.

I was down in Washington State recently. Nothing at Walmart or Target down there either. There's been really no new product out here on the Westcoast. Still looking for 2017 wave 1. Only things I've seen have been the 3 packs. Shelves everywhere seem to still be empty from Christmas.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - drewbenn - 02-03-2017

(02-03-2017, 05:52 AM)mikedaws Wrote: I was down in Washington State recently. Nothing at Walmart or Target down there either. There's been really no new product out here on the Westcoast. Still looking for 2017 wave 1. Only things I've seen have been the 3 packs. Shelves everywhere seem to still be empty from Christmas.

I've found 2017/1 at Targets in Factoria and even Spokane, so that wave has made its way to the NW. The Toys 'R' Us I checked seems to have dropped blind bags altogether.

People keep calling Monster Henry "Invisible Henry" but I'm pretty sure, with the bandages and glasses, he's actually The Invisible Man (of HG Wells fame) Henry. So I'm curious to see some good pictures of the new invisible Thomas to see if he's also supposed to be The Invisible Man or some other invisible character. I don't know my ghosts well enough to know who the Monster Troublesome Truck is supposed to be!

I'll get my checklist updated with the latest packs in a few days; I'll probably hold off on the 2017/2 table for a little longer so I can fill in the Tootsie engines (if there are any) properly, once that wave gets to North America.