Blue Plastic Tracks
thomas and friends mini series - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Toys/Other (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-37.html)
+--- Forum: Thomas & Friends Minis (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: thomas and friends mini series (/thread-791.html)

RE: thomas and friends mini series - sunhuntin - 02-11-2017

theres also no foot soldier, when there should be at least one.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 02-11-2017

(02-11-2017, 06:23 PM)sunhuntin Wrote: theres also no foot soldier, when there should be at least one.

Here's still hoping they do a 4 pack and a 9 pack. Keep the turtles as the 4 pack. Add splinter, Casey Jones, foot soldier and someone else to complete the 4 pack. The more the better.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Reivax - 02-11-2017

Maybe a foot soldier, Baxter stockman/mouser, rat king, but you're digging deep with most of these characters. Maybe a 4 pack with a combo of Splinter, casey, foot soldier and one more bad guy is about as far as you can go with these. Although I agree Splinter should probably go, but I'd replace April before Bebop and Rocksteady. April and Casey in a pack together makes a little more sense. I think these look great.

Recently I got the collection up to 233. Very little hunting down on my end can be done. I know how to get the rest, just have to take my time as what I have left is pricey. The only one left is the spongebob 9-pack that is in a large pack that could be found in stores. The rest are exclusive individual trains and the 2 SDCC ones. It's been really fun, but I'm happy to be so far along with them now.

Sorry, had that typed out before other responses regarding Foot Soldiers. Just hadn't hit send yet. Tongue

And, why not, here's a shot with my oldest inspecting the main haul. Pretty cool.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Pablo392 - 02-13-2017

Does anyone have a picture of:

Percy
Aquatic Percy
Gordon
Salty
Construction Diesel 10
Night Time Millie
Aquatic Van

This set?

Sorry, I found it..

Although it looks like Animal Van not Aquatic Van. Drewbenn, what do you think?

RE: thomas and friends mini series - drewbenn - 02-13-2017

(02-13-2017, 05:17 AM)Pablo392 Wrote: Although it looks like Animal Van not Aquatic Van. Drewbenn, what do you think?

Haven't seen it myself Smile but "The prototype version features Cargo Car Snake instead of the Shark Cargo Car" swayed me to list "Aquatic Van." Also, I can always change it later if I got it wrong Wink

Oh, so I got my first (Creature) Troublesome Truck this weekend and was surprised to see that the face was painted on, not moulded! Sad After seeing it, I remembered someone else here saying that, too. And do I remember someone saying that Annie's & Clarabel's faces are painted on, too? Now I'm having a crisis of faith for my page, maybe "Troublesome" is just a theme for "Truck" and "Annie" and "Clarabel" are just themes for Vans?

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 02-13-2017

Does anyone have confirmation that the Power Rangers 4-pack and tge new DC 4-pack have been released?

(02-13-2017, 05:51 AM)drewbenn Wrote: Haven't seen it myself Smile but "The prototype version features Cargo Car Snake instead of the Shark Cargo Car" swayed me to list "Aquatic Van." Also, I can always change it later if I got it wrong Wink

Oh, so I got my first (Creature) Troublesome Truck this weekend and was surprised to see that the face was painted on, not moulded! Sad After seeing it, I remembered someone else here saying that, too. And do I remember someone saying that Annie's & Clarabel's faces are painted on, too? Now I'm having a crisis of faith for my page, maybe "Troublesome" is just a theme for "Truck" and "Annie" and "Clarabel" are just themes for Vans?

You know what, I don't think it's fair for me to call it Animal Van because usually animal themed engines were just those, animals. These look like Animal Carrying Trucks, almost like Zoo or Circus vans. I ordered mine, was supposed to arrive today, nothing so far, when I get it I will let you know if mine has the one with the Fish on the side or Elephant on the side.

Got it, they all go by "Cargo Car", I guess that's the theme.
Snake Cargo Car
Shark Cargo Car
[Image: b3071dfc51f5209d4c1de7e63af4c27b.jpg]

[Image: a996f5d4a937e85518bab1714a8b92c1.jpg]

Oh, and Thrasher Batman Scruff
is named
Armor Batman Scruff in the NA packaging.

Not sure if this was brought up before.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Reivax - 02-13-2017

It is curious that 2 of the new 7 pack promo pics that I saw have the same snake van in the picture. Would be surprising if they had the same new train in each pack. So, the assumption is that the shark car is the actual train in the third pack?

My guess was that troublesome, duck, bertie, annie and Clarabel were just new classic series trains and not any sort of theme. Yeah, and their faces are just painted on.

Regarding the weights; To play devil's advocate, at least they're taking advantage of the hollow bodies on some of the trains. With the clear Thomas, Henry and snake train (and maybe the shark one). They do look pretty cool. Still, I'd take weights over no weights any day.

I tried taking a weight from an old train and adding it to a few new ones. While they fit perfectly in the body of the train, you can't put it back together due to it all being too snug now. They must have changed the design on the bottom pieces of the train to snap in a little tighter.

Looks like I didn't refresh my post before you posted, Pablo. Good info. Is the Shark cargo partially clear like the snake one?

(02-13-2017, 07:20 PM)Reivax Wrote:
Looks like I didn't refresh my post before you posted, Pablo. Good info. Is the Shark cargo partially clear like the snake one?

No, it's not clear at all.
[Image: 5154be5862e75423f0ad062ee7f3d0b3.png]
[Image: 9cd6f9ee227fd0813b48399c668d12d1.png]

Also, silly me, I just bought 3 pack:

Night Time Emily
Luke
Aquatic Gator

not realizing these were already part of 2017W1, so this 3 pack is going into my son's duplicate collection, unless someone wants it.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Yeahright - 02-14-2017

(02-13-2017, 06:33 PM)mikedaws Wrote: Does anyone have confirmation that the Power Rangers 4-pack and tge new DC 4-pack have been released?

Yes they have been released in Australia here are pics that somebody sent me.