Blue Plastic Tracks
thomas and friends mini series - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Toys/Other (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-37.html)
+--- Forum: Thomas & Friends Minis (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: thomas and friends mini series (/thread-791.html)

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Pablo392 - 07-16-2017

Update,
Sorry Mike, It's the:

Steelworks Edward
Henry
Space Spencer

3-Pack.

*Steelworks James is going to arrive with the 7-Pack. I got them mixed up.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 07-17-2017

(07-16-2017, 11:32 PM)Pablo392 Wrote: Update,
Sorry Mike, It's the:

Steelworks Edward
Henry
Space Spencer

3-Pack.

*Steelworks James is going to arrive with the 7-Pack. I got them mixed up.

You'll have Steelworks James soon enough Smile

RE: thomas and friends mini series - YALLLOW - 07-17-2017

(07-16-2017, 04:54 AM)Pablo392 Wrote: That's what I thought, but it looks like 4 pack either got scrapped or they will just sell the 4 of the engines as 4 pack later on.

By the way I was able to grab new 3 Pack with Steel James at WM today.
That completes my collection with the soon arriving TMNT and recently arrived Slime 20 pack and soon to arrive 7 pack, except the $100 playset.. :/

same, I think i'm only missing the playset so far. although, wouldn't hurt to redo the inventory of the collection!

Will there be a SDCC 2017 edition this year?

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 07-19-2017

(07-17-2017, 05:42 PM)YALLLOW Wrote: same, I think i'm only missing the playset so far. although, wouldn't hurt to redo the inventory of the collection!

Will there be a SDCC 2017 edition this year?

Doesn't look like there will be a SDCC minis set this year. Nothing announced or available for pre-sale.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Reivax - 07-22-2017

Hey, haven't posted in a while. Just wanted to say how beyond disappointed i am with the way this series is being sold to Canadians. I believe 2017/1 was released last October in the US and and since then here in Canada we have basically only had one batch of 2017/1 released here and that felt like it only lasted a week or two before they were all long gone. We still have the same pile of old 2016 waves that have been stuffed on the shelves for nearly as long as I've collected these things. It's like all the extras and old stock in the world is sent here and given to us to try and get rid of. No 2017 wave 2, no 2017 wave 3, no turtles set yet.

Granted I know that we have got most of the multi packs (but not the most recent ones the US has been getting), but it's horribly distributed here and they're killing the hobby by doing so. I can't tell you how many months all Walmart and toys r us shelves have been identical with the same few packs and nothing else.

I'm at the point where I'm tapping out. One day I'll fill out and complete the set, because I'm so close, but I'm at the point where how much I don't care is vastly outweighed by how much I do.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Yeahright - 07-24-2017

(07-22-2017, 04:21 AM)Reivax Wrote: Hey, haven't posted in a while. Just wanted to say how beyond disappointed i am with the way this series is being sold to Canadians. I believe 2017/1 was released last October in the US and and since then here in Canada we have basically only had one batch of 2017/1 released here and that felt like it only lasted a week or two before they were all long gone. We still have the same pile of old 2016 waves that have been stuffed on the shelves for nearly as long as I've collected these things. It's like all the extras and old stock in the world is sent here and given to us to try and get rid of. No 2017 wave 2, no 2017 wave 3, no turtles set yet.

Granted I know that we have got most of the multi packs (but not the most recent ones the US has been getting), but it's horribly distributed here and they're killing the hobby by doing so. I can't tell you how many months all Walmart and toys r us shelves have been identical with the same few packs and nothing else.

I'm at the point where I'm tapping out. One day I'll fill out and complete the set, because I'm so close, but I'm at the point where how much I don't care is vastly outweighed by how much I do.

I totally agree that Canada has gotten the shaft for 2017. Only 2017/1 showed up briefly and nothing else. Lucky I cross over to the US pretty frequently and managed to complete my collection. However it seems like it is getting harder to collect in Canada.

On another note I got the 20 pack and noticed that blob Percy is different than the one that comes in the 3 pack. The 3 pack blob Percy is solid pink and the 20 pack is clear. I have the clear one pictured below as my collection is in storage while my house is being renovated.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 07-24-2017

(07-24-2017, 02:00 AM)Yeahright Wrote: I totally agree that Canada has gotten the shaft for 2017. Only 2017/1 showed up briefly and nothing else. Lucky I cross over to the US pretty frequently and managed to complete my collection. However it seems like it is getting harder to collect in Canada.

On another note I got the 20 pack and noticed that blob Percy is different than the one that comes in the 3 pack. The 3 pack blob Percy is solid pink and the 20 pack is clear. I have the clear one pictured below as my collection is in storage while my house is being renovated.

The clear pink Monster Mash 'Blob' Percy is also in the 2017 Advent Calendar...

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 07-26-2017

Has anyone picked up any of the launchers recently? Do the trains still come with weights or have they pulled them out as well?

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Reivax - 07-30-2017

It's not much, but it's something. I saw the steelworks playset at a toys r us today up here in Canada. Hopefully a positive trend in bringing new mini products to this country.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - drewbenn - 07-30-2017

(07-24-2017, 04:33 AM)mikedaws Wrote: The clear pink Monster Mash 'Blob' Percy is also in the 2017 Advent Calendar...

Yes, I'll get that onto my checklist page as a variant, soon. Smile