Blue Plastic Tracks
thomas and friends mini series - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Toys/Other (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-37.html)
+--- Forum: Thomas & Friends Minis (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: thomas and friends mini series (/thread-791.html)

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Oliver's Dad - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 02:51 AM)exile90 Wrote: SquareOne WM in Mississauga, ONT has the launchers already. Just saw one of each but at least they're starting to come.

I saw the new modular setups at our WM today too. The deadlines for the setup for those papers you've seen is the 1st of the next month (I know I've been busy in our department trying to work on them). There is no guarantee the product will be there on that date but having the product listed means it's on order for the store.

Exile, do you work at Walmart?

RE: thomas and friends mini series - exile90 - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 02:52 AM)Olivers Dad Wrote: Exile, do you work at Walmart?

Yes, I'm in the electronics department. But I spend too much time in toys if you ask anyone Rolleyes

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Super - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 05:42 PM)exile90 Wrote: But I spend too much time in toys if you ask anyone Rolleyes

[Image: giggling.gif]

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Oliver's Dad - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 05:42 PM)exile90 Wrote: Yes, I'm in the electronics department. But I spend too much time in toys if you ask anyone Rolleyes

Haha, I don't work at Walmart, but I can relate!

Do you have any clue of the store you work in has wave 4 engines still in stock? (Specifically the James as the Flash engine!) My Son and I are lost on all 4 of the Wave 4 DC engines but James is exclusive (so far, at least) to the blind bags.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - exile90 - 01-30-2016

I'm also missing those 4 engines and I've been checking every few days. New stuff for the new setup should be getting to stores shortly so I'll check again next week.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - sunhuntin - 02-01-2016

with mega huge thanks to ilovehotshot, i am the happy recipient of the twist and turn stunt set and the latest blind bags.

this means im caught up which is a huge relief. now, when does the next lot come out??

RE: thomas and friends mini series - drewbenn - 02-01-2016

Has anyone else noticed a difference with the new 2016 Wave 1 engines? They feel a tiny bit lighter in my hand (I've only compared Sweets Emily to Wonder Woman Emily), they feel like they don't run quite as well when I push them along the table and they sound a little higher-pitched when they run. Am I imagining this or did the innards get changed up a little? And if I'm not imagining it, is there a big upside to the changes (like maybe they're less likely to get stuck on the Twist-n-Turn Stunt Set or something?) I'm missing?

A lot of what drew me to these toys was how well they felt when I [took them away from my kid and] played with them. The styling was a big part, too, and the 2016 engines haven't disappointed in that regard, but I still feel like there's a small step down in overall quality. Kind of like that old story about putting one less pickle in each jar: I'm sure it was a great cost-cutting measure but as a consumer I'm feeling a little put out about the whole thing.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - sunhuntin - 02-01-2016

i didnt really notice a difference, but mine tend to live in their cases once opened. i did try several of the new ones down the stunt set and flynn got stuck, along with one other but i dont recall who.

i did notice electrified luke and bert have semi transparent couplers. quite a nice touch.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Oliver's Dad - 02-02-2016

Found the DC 9 Pack at my local Walmart. Spaces on the shelf for both 4 packs but they're empty so far. Also found the launchers but didn't jump on the D10 soon enough and it's gone for now, at least.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - jdogman - 02-02-2016

I was kind of expecting there would be something about the new engines which would feel different to the 2015 series.

3-Packs O (Flynn, Graffiti Gordon, Patchwork Hiro), P (Stanley, Electrified Luke, Porter), S (Chocolate Percy, Creature Samson, Salty), and T (Creature Gator, Sports Bash, Victor) are slowly popping up in Australian Kmart stores alongside the Launchers, so now you won't have to wait as long for some engines.

And another eBay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/lot-of-44-Minis-Thomas-Friends-Trains-used-NO-Duplicated-/111893249781?hash=item1a0d5b7ef5:g:384AAOSwnLdWsDeP

Shows off new engines such as Salty as Aquaman, Scruff as The Atom, a glimpse of Emily as Poison Ivy, and a flaming version of Thomas.

Really happy to see the 3-packs released in Australia, although I'll only get Pack O since I don't want anymore doubles.