Model Kits

63 Replies, 52947 Views

Here's a few I made a while ago...
[Image: image.png] [Image: image.png] [Image: image.png] [Image: image.png] [Image: image.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • FlyingFordFalcon, Super, WoodWheel92
Are you by chance a fan of helicopters? Wink Those look great! I especially love the Chickasaw Smile
I used to travel to work in them, once upon a time in a land far, far away. That's what got me started.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2018, 05:14 PM by Super.)
Those are some fantastic models Chris and terrific photography too.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
To say my rebuilt BoB project has come a long way would be putting it lightly though no less true than anything else I could say about it.

[Image: f2ce52a3b6.png]
[Image: 17462efda4.png]

The green parts are from my resin printer which is better for small detailed things. Before anybody asks, yes I have tried printing faces with it. I found them unusually flat and so to correct it the faces need to be stretched by 1.5x front to back if that makes sense

[Image: d36f7e514c.png]

[Image: 2010c14345.png]
[Image: b93d96523c.png]

last pic is dark because i didnt have my main light on, but it was the most recent one I have. I still need to put the valve gear on the other side and attach the leading and trailing wheels properly but after that it's just decal work and finito.

number will be 34077 and name 257 Squadron. the name for 34077 should be 603 Squadron but the nameplates are small enough and with the right amount of characters that it looks correct from a distance. I will be making the number from two separate decal sheets from two BoB dapol kits as both are numbers for unrebuilt engines and more to the point one of the decal sheets incorrectly depicts red nameplates instead of blue so i'm limited for options :/

- Tree
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlyingFordFalcon's post:
  • Off The Rails
Wow, BoB is looking great, really nice work. Anxious to see him finished. Hope you will take pictures with better lighting to see all the details. I like the flat colors, will he stay that way or will you apply a coat or 2 of clear once the model is finished?
Thanks Smile I'll be applying a clear gloss to make applying decals easier and to protect the paint from the solutions used to soften / stick decals, but after that it will be some flat clear, possible weathering, and a final flat clear. I don't have enough decals to do boiler lining but I can live with that until I can get more. I will buy an RTR Hornby one for comparison sake at some point next year when I am more able to afford it.
  • Super
Curious as to what brand and type of Clear Coat you use and type of application, airbrush, rattle can, brush?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • FlyingFordFalcon
[Image: By1qpOL.jpg]

MODEROID Shinkalion Robots

You have to build them yourself and they can't turn into the trains but they look stunning! Can't wait to get E5 at the end of January.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainfanz's post:
  • FlyingFordFalcon
Super, I use Humbrol Matt Cote/Gloss Cote thinned to be applied through an airbrush. Whether I can still use my airbrush anymore remains to be seen as some Humbrol Rail Colour 405 threatened to block it up by turning almost to clay after thinning. I did my best to clean it out by using some quite strong chemicals so we will see in the near future.

Trainzfan, those remind me of Gundam figures. Are they related by any chance or is this a standalone line/series?
  • Super