Road turntable + Terence turntable help

25 Replies, 20405 Views

I had play around and took one gear out and things are working. It only got one roller to turn instead of 2. Then when it turns back it only 50% it does or terence hits it and it turns back. I'll post picture what I took out. It looks like it on angle not flat. Dont know if it normal or not.
[Image: 20190919-192803.jpg] [Image: 20190919-191508.jpg]

I'll still try different ways if you have ideas.
[-] The following 2 users Like drew5195's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
What does the circled gear do? Can I assume that the outside teeth turns Cranky? Is there something in the base that is a spring as something has to make it spin back. Have you looked at the other side turntable to see if its the same set up or possibly see whats powering a return spin? I really don't see anything in your picture that would be powering a retunn spin and isn't that the main problem?

[Image: 20190919-191508.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
@Super. That gear you circle goes on these inner circle teeth on picture below.
[Image: 20190920-164903.jpg]

There picture of gears that makes it turn back. Let me know if there something not right

[Image: 20190920-165129.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes drew5195's post:
  • Super
Ahhh...theres the spring that provides the energy to return. When you turn the spring gear 1/4 turn does the spring make the gear bounce back quickly when let go? On another note: What types of lubrication might you have on hand?

No idea. Ill have to check in garage tomorrow morning. It does spin back right away.
[-] The following 1 user Likes drew5195's post:
  • Super
Is there also a cover we are not seeing that goes over the turntable wheels? I am just trying to get a complete picture.
(09-20-2019, 10:35 AM)Super Wrote: Is there also a cover we are not seeing that goes over the turntable wheels? I am just trying to get a complete picture.

Yep there cover goes on. If there nothing on everything will fall out.
Looking at the picture below...is that bottom gear spring loaded and does that pointer actually catch the 'V' groove and possible hang up?

When assembled and in action you said you had to physically turn it back so I assume that you don't touch it and it springs back on its own.

Another question because I notice a difference between yours and Muddy's, Is Cranky only able to be put on his sprocket one way or 4. At rest Muddy's Cranky points differently than yours.

Have you reinstalled the table unit and tried it again? How is it held down...one screw in the middle?

Crank can be put on 4 way. I had played around with that gear. that V doesnt touch or stops. Dont know why it design to have v in it. I feel more tighten from turntable when moving gear and springs. It still not moving back. Somewhere there is something that making it tight and hard to move. Ill play around with it later.
[-] The following 2 users Like drew5195's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
I wish I lived closer to you Drew as I would love to delve into this mystery first hand. Its one of the things I love most about these trains, diagnosing & repair.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • drew5195, MuddyPoppins