What did you do to your trains today?

575 Replies, 581000 Views

Looking good Ffar
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I added Tamiya Putty to fill in some cracks, I'm going to sand it this weekend. The models are next to each other since I threw away my disposable gloves already.
[Image: IMG-20200929-212911.jpg]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 3 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Finno, Super
I haven't had time to sand down Derek and Old Slow Coach sadly but I did get to repainting my Fisher-Price TrackMaster Bill's eyes and my Plarail BoCo's face. I can't paint Derek and Old Slow Coach either since I don't have an airbrush or spray paint. I also do not want to paint it by hand as it'll end up with brush strokes, which I do not want.

BoCo's face repaint and Bill's eye repaint.
[Image: Bo-Co-face-repaint.jpg][Image: Bill-eyes-repaint.jpg]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • Chops, Super
Looks good Ffar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper
For the sake of not cluttering up this nice Forum, I moved the post over to General Topics, “Henley.’ Idea
[-] The following 2 users Like Chops's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
I finally got to work on my Old Shape Henry custom, and (not pictured) also removed the siderods off a broken Tomy Edward for another project I've got planned.
[Image: mk1henry1a.jpg][Image: mk1henry1.jpg][Image: mk1henry2.jpg][Image: mk1henry3.jpg]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 3 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, Tharazero1
Anxious to see him sanded down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper
One of only a few versions I've seen where only the firebox is changed and his parts are not transferred to a repainted Gordon (though the latter way to do it fixes what the TV version did wrong). Will the rest of him be repainted, or will you match the firebox to the original shade? I shall be happy to see how you'll handle it.

Also, I'll guess Edward's coupling rods will be used to convert an engine with faux rods (Skarloey or Peter Sam, perhaps?) if not a scratch built engine. Correct?
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, Super
I'm going to try and match the firebox to the original shade of green, and no, Edward's coupling rods will not be used for an engine like Skarloey and Peter Sam, I've got another plan for them.

I'm gonna do the sanding next weekend. It's gonna be a bit of a pain to get it to work due to how the motor's installed and how low Henry's boiler is. Also sanded and primed Derek and Old Slow Coach again! I've yet to buy an Airbrush and Air Compressor for OSC and Derek though, for Henry I'll probably just use brushes.
[Image: Nov1Prog.jpg]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2020, 09:31 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • Super
(08-10-2020, 02:08 PM)DuckGWR Wrote: Super - I've only done a little, I just got my printer (an Ender 3 Pro) in the mail last week. First thing I did was a Talk n Action coupling replacement, and then a replacement funnel for the giant Thomas.
[Image: IMG-20200806-085117-01.jpg]

Is there any way I can get a copy of the file for the talk and action coupling? My wife is the 3d printer, I havent the foggiest how to design at the moment. I am also looking for some tomy tender lids and wire couplers for gordon james and henry, they came without but these are the kids ones in rough condition so i wouldnt waste an original one on them currently.

Amazingly I managed to find a 3d model of a switch for edward today if anyone needs it.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2119562

I havent tried it yet though.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 07:52 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like AdamdBoyd's post:
  • Mister No, Super