FfarquharDeveloper's TrackMaster Customs

250 Replies, 96304 Views

I covered the Nameplates with Scotch delicate painter's tape laG.

As for the face, yes that is a tribute to how they labeled the faces, this is a temporary face however when face "2" is added it'll be marked 2. As for an image, I believe this is what you might be looking for.
[Image: Harvey-2.png]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Thank you so much. If only I realised Scotch was an active brand that made various forms of tape, not strictly a term for hook and loop fasteners. In that case, I hope at least one of my existing tapes might make a good substitute (unless I could weaken one of them somehow, though I'd rather look for the right type in the first place).

I've just found a much clearer example of a real cast from the back (thanks to TomsProps): [Image: Duck4.jpg]

(Perhaps we should have a whole thread for behind the scenes of T&F, or revive the Trivia and Fun Facts game someday).
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, Super
2/19/21

Been a while on this thread hasn't it?

Ben:

FINALLY GOT FP BEN SO NOW BILL AND BEN ARE PRETTY MUCH DONE

Before:
[Image: IMG-20210219-104601.jpg]

After:
[Image: IMG-20210219-123526.jpg]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • Super
Nice Ffar Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper
2/21/21 Update

Bill & Ben:
Both have handrails airbrushed silver and Ben's face has been painted up to match Bill.
[Image: 220-1.jpg]

Arthur:
Footplate painted up fully, bufferbeams painted red, wheels swapped for functionality repairs, full axle fitted replacing the half axles, and complete chassis painted Black.

[Image: 220-2.jpg]

Dodge:
Face was repainted! again...

[Image: 220-3.jpg]

Spencer:
Wheels painted black and the face was repainted, at the cost of the tender's front coupler being broken, now it needs to be hot-glued together.

[Image: 220-4.jpg]

Not Pictured:

"Scottish John" had his wheels painted up and all the cuts have been done. Just needs a bit of putty work before priming.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • Super
Nice work Ffar. Have we seen 'Scottish John' before?
[Image: John.PNG]

Scottish John is what Wilbert is called in Leokimvideo's Mad Bomber. If that's who you're making, I'm not too surprised after you bought a replacement Ben (nearly everyone makes Wilbert/Sixteen with Bill/Ben's tank).
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper
He was started around a week before the new Fisher-Price Ben arrived in the mail with Arthur. "Scottish John" was made out of a Hit Toys Ben and a Hit Toys Percy, same case will be applied to Wilson when I obtain another TOMY Ben and Hit Percy. The Percy faces will probably go to something else while the two Ben Chassis will be used on TVS Bill & Ben so they can have full axles fitted rather than the yucky half axles Mattel fitted to almost everyone.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
  • DalaGStanator, Super
I hope we can see the finished Scottish John then
Did a recap video of pretty much everything that's happened between the last 22 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARA51-N9...e=youtu.be

Some non-custom-related things are also shown in this.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
  • DalaGStanator, Super