TrackMaster Bert & Arry Chinese knockoffs

30 Replies, 18524 Views

there is a bashdash crossover model that is all grey
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 4 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super
Indeed there is Tons. I have seen it (on ebay)
Train it, plane it, you name it!
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021, 08:51 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super
There is? All gray, what might that look like?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins
[Image: s-l400.jpg]Like that Super.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 5 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super
LOL...wasn't what I pictured in my mind as all gray. The cab, boiler and wheels kinda look blueish. Thanks for the photo GGF.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, Mister No, MuddyPoppins
i wonder if the the Chinese knock off 's motor is compatible to the Tomy versions.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I can only repeat the point that has already been made at least once in this thread, which is that the Chinese 'knock-offs' or whatever you want to call them are indistinguishable in quality, both externally and internally, and in their packaging, from the 'real' thing.

They are made using the same moulds, most likely in the same factories that made them for Fisher Price. My experience is that they use the same motors, gears, etc. and they are good powerful and quiet runners.  In fact the only real difference is that the money you pay for them goes direct to the Chinese makers and not to Mattel, and most likely whoever owns the rights to the 'Thomas' brand these days gets no royalties.

I personally have no qualms about buying them if I want them, I don't feel I have any obligation to Mattel / FP to give them my money (particularly in light of the direction they've taken in recent years) but of course it's a matter for each individual to decide for themselves where they stand on this question
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, DuckGWR, MuddyPoppins
And as an added benefit, if you buy the grey market versions you can get The Rheneas’ little known relative “Rhenesa”! Smile

I have several of the grey market trains (including the all grey B/Dash), and I can attest to the fact that they run well and seem like decent quality plastics.
[-] The following 2 users Like confusedanddelayed's post:
  • chrisjo, MuddyPoppins
we buy things from Mattel solely to add Thomas and Friends characters to our growing fleet.  

If you are one of those people who don't care about the character, some will consider to purchase the knock off variants to save money.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • chrisjo, MuddyPoppins
I primarally buy these knockoffs for the growing fleet or customs. I like to buy things from Plarail to add to the growing fleet or customs. Depending on which character I come up with. As much as I care for the characters, I also buy the knockoffs too to save money. I sometomes buy from mattel but I do tempt to buy from japan foer the best looking ones. 

Most of the knockoffs, I buy for customs.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • MuddyPoppins