FfarquharDeveloper's TrackMaster Customs

250 Replies, 96517 Views

What is this fellow back here?

[Image: hydescomms02.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • PerkyHydrAan
Believe it or not, it is Old Slow Coach, finally getting around to finishing her.
[Image: osc15.jpg]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 3 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, PerkyHydrAan, Super
Looking good Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, PerkyHydrAan
3/24/2022 Update

D261:
[Image: d261-7.jpg]
D261 is taking a bit longer than I had hoped for but is turning out superb. Now unfortunately I have lost the original face which isn't too big of a loss since the face was off. The original vents were covered in with polystyrene and smoothed over with Tamiya putty. the cab doors were shortened in length using polystyrene and cutting the opening was a PAIN to do but turned out alight. The windows were made using polystyrene and rather than repeat D199 directly I decided to take an approach closer to the prop itself. Vents were added on using polystyrene and were cut away to get the separate vent shapes. Unfortunately, this took out one of the smoothed over bits that I'll have to fix the next time I use the putty. The air intake panels were added on using polystyrene. Although the left one has a bit of a gimmick. 
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 4 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, PerkyHydrAan, Super
You are getting pretty good with the Tamiya Putty Ffar Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, FfarquharDeveloper, generic_truck_69420, PerkyHydrAan
Ha! Nice how the left intake vent can fall off so he could suck the inspector's bowler hat into it. Speaking of which, you should probably sculpt it (battered) after you're done with him (or use a black piece of paper to look like it). How come no other versions I've seen ever had that feature? If it wouldn't fit in, you could just paint it on the inside. Your D199 was excellent, so I can only imagine the quality of D261.
[-] The following 4 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, generic_truck_69420, PerkyHydrAan, Super
That was the exact intention of having the left intake vent be a separate piece! I plan on adding the battered bowler hat in later.

As cool as it would've been to see on an actual toy, the only reason we never got an actual toy with a removable air intake to reveal a battered bowler hat is because of regulations and how it'd be a massive choking hazard.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
mmmm yeah im looking back on Fergus right now and there are some glaring issues I have with him (and also old shape henry but moreso fergus)

Fergus sits too high, his wheels are wrong color-wise, his bunker goes too far back, his funnel is too tall to make the clearance of literally anything TOMY, and the color was a Joke that's run its complete course.

I'm probably gonna just fix up some of the initial faults and then have a go at making a MK2 of Fergus.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
I should've used more obvious wording since I was strictly referring to other custom versions of him and not the existing toys (I knew the reason full well before my comment).

I found Fergus to be one of your greatest achievements, so it surprises me you want to make him even better now. I actually think the white rims like Wooden/Take Along Fergus look like something TOMY would've done if they made him (unless they'd make them all red, which seems more likely).
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • PerkyHydrAan
4/7/2022 Update

D261:
Finished modeling all the additional details and went to painting him up. Also fully painted him up and now his face is pending and just needs to be printed. (I do not have a 3d printer but a friend does and I'll be getting it from him tomorrow.)

Colors are Tamiya TS-14, TS-34, TS-43, & TS-49 -- Apple Barrel Matte Bright Yellow, and Matte Jet Black.
[Image: d261-8.jpg][Image: d261-9.jpg][Image: d261-10.jpg][Image: d261-11.jpg]
[Image: d261-12.jpg][Image: d261-13.jpg][Image: d261-14.jpg][Image: d261-15.jpg]
[Image: d261-16.jpg][Image: d261-17.jpg][Image: d261-18.jpg][Image: d261-19.jpg]
[Image: d261-20.jpg][Image: d261-21.jpg][Image: d261-22.jpg]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 3 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, PerkyHydrAan, Super