Online Selling Shockers

332 Replies, 157138 Views

[Image: smiley-face-laughing.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
The box should be in the bin by now, at this point it may be hindering the value
The magic of the GWR
[-] The following 1 user Likes Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp's post:
  • chrisjo
Hmmm....possibly stretching the meaning of "slightly" a little?

[Image: image.png]  [Image: image.png]
somethings odd about Donald can you tell me what is the missing pieces are?
[Image: Screenshot-2023-11-01-at-21-30-16.png]
the description 
[Image: Screenshot-2023-11-01-at-21-30-30.png]
clearly Donald has no smokebox or face its gone £16 is steep and mind you I got mine no truck for £9 and it was £12 in total this is just a stretch.But hey free shipping these sellers are using the word rare all the time if everything's rare nothing is
I liked tomy ever since I found out about it
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2023, 09:39 PM by Therealblack64YT.)
An established ebay UK seller who knows exactly what they're doing:  trying to pull a fast one. 

Plarail boxes, nice Plarail express coaches removed, tacky Trackmaster 'coaches' (i.e. vans with stickers) substituted.

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]   [Image: s-l1600.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 06:13 PM by chrisjo.)
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Therealblack64YT
Oh my...did they divulge the swap in the description???
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Therealblack64YT
nothing on the description except a long history lesson on tomy trackmaster (with wrong information like Mattel making hit toy company when it was founded by hit entertainment and being ceased in 2009) 
[Image: Screenshot-2023-11-06-at-22-45-00.png]
trying to be sneaky and hoping you don't notice the obvious difference. Trying to pull a wool over our eyes.
I liked tomy ever since I found out about it
[-] The following 2 users Like Therealblack64YT's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
I would be curious to see what their response would be to someone calling them out on this.
I've sent a message, received an "out-of-office" auto reply, so we'll need to wait. It does say on the listings that the seller is away until November 10th.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
I am anxious to hear what they say. Originally I thought maybe they bought a bunch of boxed trains and the previous seller had made the switch but you said they are an experienced Ebay UK seller so I assume in Plarail sales. Have you ever bought from them before Dr Chris?