Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1706912 Views

YEAH, Although AEG sucks, plarail be getting the good things as always!!
With a Bit of inspiration, you can travel anywhere!!! Smile (CEC Destination Imagination, Aug 1995)
(04-26-2024, 06:39 PM)chrisjo Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 05:19 PM)FfarquharDeveloper Wrote: GOGOトーマス ニア・ウィフ・ブルーノのおともだちセット [GOGO Thomas Near Wife Bruno's Friends Set]
Hmmm!  Let's take a closer look at that. The text on the label is actually:
GOGOトーマス ニア・ブルーノ・ウィフの おともだちセット

Which I would translate as GOGO Thomas; Nia, Bruno and Whiff Friend's Set.  Now doesn't that make a bit more sense?

Now, have another look at "Wataru Batteran!" !

Makes a lot more sense, I'm just using google translate so don't trust any translations i send lol
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • Super
More from Plarail Expo...

Scenic Colour Rail Kit - Sea and Railway

[Image: DSC-5574.jpg]

S-20 Plarail Railway White Stream (connection spec.)
(so replacing S-20 HC85 Series Limited Express Hida/Nanki in the line-up)

[Image: DSC-5575.jpg]

Action and Sound with Lever! Big Station

[Image: DSC-5581.jpg]

The selection of event-limited products on sale this year:

[Image: DSC-5648.jpg]

On top the new Plarail Railway Speed Cargo Silver Version, then below left to right, with expo debut date:
  • Sunrise Express (2022)
  • SL AsoBOY (2019)
  • 165 Series Express Train (Shonan Colour) (2023)
  • Twilight Express (2010)
  • 0 Series Shinkansen with light (2017)
  • Keihan Electric Railway Type 600 Patoden Wrapping Train (2015)

Be still, my beating heart.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 03:00 PM by chrisjo.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Fantastic, thank you Dr Chris

The best I can see with that Scenic Color Rail Kit is that is has a new color, Light Blue with Light Blue Rails, Slopes and Single Post Risers. It also looks like the rails on the left are white? If so then I believe the Kit include New Right Turn Curved Slopes in White although I may be wrong there.

Its nice to see them make a completely new Huge Sound and Action Big Station. Wonder if any YouTubers have made any Expo videos.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • chrisjo
Real Class Station. Unclear whether this is a future release or not.

[Image: GMOgrq9as-AAs1p-C.jpg]

Interesting to compare it with the old Super Rail station.

[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2024, 12:32 PM by chrisjo.)
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Ron Thunderr, Super
Hey, Thanks Dr Chris, nice find but I do have some questions...

Did wherever this image comes from actually say this is a 'Real Class' Station? The reason I ask as even though there are Real Class rails leading into the station that orange train does not look like real class. It does look to have a removable roof on the lead engine like a Real Class but looking at pictures of the released orange Real Class, it has black roofs. Also, looking closely, there looks to be Tomy Blue Rails inside the covered station (see circle) itself which could be because the Real Class rails have ties that extend outward and would not fit close to the platform. Looking closely they may have cut the extended ties off to get the grey Real Class Rails snug against the exterior platform (see circle). In addition doesn't it look like the covered Station and the extending platforms could all be one piece? I would be very excited to see a release of a Station like this. Can't wait to hear more.

[Image: GMOgrq9as-AAs1p-C.jpg]

Good similarities with the old Super Rail platform station but I am wondering if I ever saw that one with the clear red roof before as I don't recall it.  Except for the extended part of the platform the station looks closely like the not so vintage but at the same time not so new is this long platform station...

[Image: 2002-zpsebe82762.jpg]

[Image: 2003-zps7f7f5ddd.jpg]
(04-28-2024, 01:24 PM)Super Wrote: Did wherever this image comes from actually say this is a 'Real Class' Station?
Looks the same as the one you posted, except for the platform itself. It's part of the Real Class layout/display at Plarail Expo.

[Image: DSC-5624.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2024, 11:48 AM by chrisjo.)
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, Super
(04-28-2024, 01:24 PM)Super Wrote: ...that orange train does not look like real class. It does look to have a removable roof on the lead engine like a Real Class but looking at pictures of the released orange Real Class, it has black roofs. 

[Image: 201-JR-17.png]

Actual color is grey, or slightly dark grey, as seen from this review of the Real Class train. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjgD-o9_kmc
Hunting Shinkansen for life (but not at all costs) :>
(04-28-2024, 01:24 PM)Super Wrote: The reason I ask as even though there are Real Class rails leading into the station that orange train does not look like real class. It does look to have a removable roof on the lead engine like a Real Class but looking at pictures of the released orange Real Class, it has black roofs.

My mistake. I just saw a different video of the orange train and indeed the one in Chrisjos images is a Real Class but with grey roofs. The orange train in the image train is missing the Coach with the pantograph on the roof. Wonder why its missing being a display for the Real Class at the Expo?

Thanks Hanoi 👍

This was actually the image I was looking at and to be quite frank...this one looks a lot better to me than the final release. The details and the black roofs and black details around the window framings really makes it pop. Even the wheels look black which I would have loved. I suppose that this image is enhanced to make the train look sharper but...

[Image: 51-Pp-DWOHxy-L-AC-SL1100.jpg]

Also in this close up of Dr Chris's image at the Expo we can see that the orange train is indeed a Real Class with the pantograph. We can also see that the blue track inside the covered station is actually a double wide Tomy track which, to me, I would assume that they indeed had to trim of the Ties on the grey Real Class rails to make them fit. Wouldn't it be great if this was something planned in the future? If it was then wouldn't it be a great idea if two stations could be connected together and thus, have a big, long station like the Plarail Knapford station? Maybe they have ideas to release a whole series of buildings and scenery for the Real Class series....wow, wouldn't that be great? Are you listening Plarail???

[Image: Untikdtled.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • HanoibusGamer
links to the two sets in which this long station can be found:
Sound Door Opening/Closing Yamanote Line Set (Oct-04)
Structure Special Set (Oct-09)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super