Ucwepn's YouTube Video's

413 Replies, 550002 Views

It could affect some yet to be released track piece, but I suspect that it serves no purpose and is merely there to foul the old track and reduce backwards compatibility... Kind of annoyed they didn't use the "All the same" tooling to give Diesel rods for the first time in his life...

It was nice to have 3 generations of Diesels together and I think I will visit other multi generational designs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • Super
It would also be interesting in seeing all the Diesels that are of the same mold...Diesel, Paxton, Arry & Bert are there more?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Splatter and Dodge, Arry and Bert and the original Diesel are all identical
I thought there were others. Plus Paxton too right?
Paxton and the 2013 redesign Arry and Bert (the last old trackmasters produced) are the same as the 2012-2014 diesel
Thanks Ucwepn. Wonder what these diesels real engines are called?
08 shunter, 09 shunter. The Gronk and the super Gronk haha.

[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • ROCKINATOR, Super
Whoever was making the diesel models for thomas must have liked the 08 shunter a lot.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
Thanks Ucwepn, nice video. The engine looks a bit smaller than i pictured it in real life. I can't quite make out what the side rods are for. They certainly aren't like the ones found on Steam engines.
(02-17-2015, 02:27 PM)Super Wrote: Thanks Ucwepn, nice video. The engine looks a bit smaller than i pictured it in real life. I can't quite make out what the side rods are for. They certainly aren't like the ones found on Steam engines.
The connection rods on a diesel like this are exactly the same as the connection rods on a steam engine - they distribute the drive equally between all the connected axles.

In simple terms, what's missing are the piston rods which on a steam engine transfer the driving force from the pistons to one of the connected axles. On a diesel like this one of the axles is driven directly from the motor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super