Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1696094 Views

Thomas & Merlin The Coal Hopper Set

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • fred16850, HankAmericanEngine, mod thana, Tharazero1
I know but I'd rather have an official release at a price that is more affordable to everyone, being probably £15 - 20 per engine, instead of £50 for a shell then another £10-20 for airbrush, spray paint, and decals.
https://twitter.com/zeluigi_k/status/979907346255167488
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
[-] The following 5 users Like Miksolo's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802, Super, Tharazero1, WoodWheel92
Thanks Mik
Well that answers that burning question whether the new Plarail Merlin dummy engine can be motorized. Smile Wonder if its only Plarail Hurricanes chassis that will work or other new type Plarail chassis?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Considering all the dummy chassis's are almost the same, I'm sure it will work on anything. It's not unlikely that there will be a couple of exceptions, but for the mostpart it should work on any other chassis..
Which brings up my question: Does Belle use that kind of drive unit?
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
[-] The following 2 users Like Miksolo's post:
  • ripley802, Super
That is awesome about Merlin. Can’t wait to get this one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
They have an updated Belle?
(03-31-2018, 03:24 PM)Miksolo Wrote: Considering all the dummy chassis's are almost the same, I'm sure it will work on anything. It's not unlikely that there will be a couple of exceptions, but for the mostpart it should work on any other chassis..
Which brings up my question: Does Belle use that kind of drive unit?

No, only James (2014), Gordon (2015), Connor, Caitlin, Hurricane, Ryan, & Gator use that type of drive unit.

UPDATE: Ashima uses it too & Edward & Henry will use it soon.
[-] The following 3 users Like Collin Joe's post:
  • ripley802, Super, WoodWheel92
Probably the best choice, right now, would be to use Hurricanes chassis because of the color of the wheels especially the fixed middle wheel. Merlin has red wheels like Hurricane so that would be a perfect fit although James with his black wheels may also look good as long as Merlins Tender's wheels are also swapped with James black ones.

EDIT:
LOL....speaking of that, RiChannel must have been reading my mind. I like the look of Merlin with the black wheels, I wish he swapped James Tender wheels too. And I wonder How James would look with Merlins red wheels?

[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • mod thana, Off The Rails, ripley802, WoodWheel92
I had a hunch that Merlin's shell might be able to be swapped out!! Smile
Tomy would have covered that switch slot with a plug like they did with front hook Spatter if it had just been a scrapped idea...now I've got to find a permanent chassis to use for Merlin, and decide which engine to scrap to take it from.Sad
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, mod thana, ripley802