Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1697749 Views

There also seem to be a new set coming that I find very strange.

In the set there are 4 hard to find special Elevated Rail risers that are made for the elevated rails with the sides on them but there is no elevated rails in the set. There also is 8 separate regular gray curved rails, 1 gray straight rail and 2 gray Stop and Go's in this set. And, 2 reversible gray, flat rails that are very similar to the rare reversible elevated rail Station that are used as the incoming and outgoing tracks. What is different is that they don't have the elevated rail sides to it which, what I see, as no way to elevate this. These pieces also have a different reversed side where its a 2 into 1 switch. Also that narrow station looks more for the Advance line than the regular sized Plarail. Don't know why they just didn't go with all gray track with some elevated rails to go with those elevated rail risers and replace those yellow ones with gray risers....strange...to me. Undecided

[Image: 71_Vvzx_BF7_LL._SL1100.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails
Oh man, I’m trying so hard to stay focused and not get in to passenger/commuter trains.  Undecided Confused
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
I like the track set but I agree that it’s a bit of a strange mixed box-o-parts. Kinda wish it was all gray....
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
I can guess that's because most people use blue track, and if it had been all grey, it would have appealed to only grey track users, and be considered a specialty set... But with it mixed, grey track users will still want it, and maybe more blue track users might be inclined to mix it up too?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • mod thana, Off The Rails, Super
(08-30-2018, 04:05 PM)Super Wrote: Oh boy!!!...I hope they are a new variation of PlaKids. I would guess then that it has a 'see inside' coach.

Strange as there is no picture for either the SC-04 or the SC-05. Which one is the Odakyo 70000

Thanks again Mod. Smile

Hi Super... I quite believe this is Odakyo Romance 70000 

[Image: Odakyo_Romance_70000.jpg]

[Image: Odakyo_Romance_70000.2.jpg]

[Image: Odakyo_Romance_70000.3.jpg]

[-] The following 2 users Like mod thana's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
Hi Mod. I believe the only Shinkalion items in this catalog are the Trinity and Doctor Yellow? If not, can I see?
[-] The following 2 users Like Trainfanz's post:
  • mod thana, Super
(08-30-2018, 09:54 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: I can guess that's because most people use blue track, and if it had been all grey, it would have appealed to only grey track users, and be considered a specialty set... But with it mixed, grey track users will still want it, and maybe more blue track users might be inclined to mix it up too?

That makes sense! I’ve always gotten the impression that the blue track is important to Japanese Plarail fans for aesthetic and nostalgic reasons and Tomy alters that at their peril! An all gray set might appeal to a certain segment of collectors but at the risk of alienating a wider audience.
  • mod thana, Super
(08-31-2018, 05:03 AM)Trainfanz Wrote: Hi Mod. I believe the only Shinkalion items in this catalog are the Trinity and Doctor Yellow? If not, can I see?
Hi Trainfanz ... there is no any Shinkalion item in catalog, only these few pictures are related to Shinkalion items. 

[Image: IMG_20180830_201848.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180830_201903.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180830_201934.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180830_202006.jpg]

[-] The following 1 user Likes mod thana's post:
  • Super
It's about what I expected. Thank you anyway. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Trainfanz's post:
  • mod thana, Super
(08-30-2018, 09:54 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: I can guess that's because most people use blue track, and if it had been all grey, it would have appealed to only grey track users, and be considered a specialty set... But with it mixed, grey track users will still want it, and maybe more blue track users might be inclined to mix it up too?

I just can't remember much of any set that mixes gray & blue track like this one does. Heck, off the top of my head I can't remember any set that combines a lot different track not counting the multi-colored sets. And then theres the fact that they include the special Elevated Rail Risers but don't include any elevated rails. This set confuses me as to why, really.
 but any set is better than none.

(08-31-2018, 12:22 AM)mod thana Wrote: Hi Super... I quite believe this is Odakyo Romance 70000 

[Image: Odakyo_Romance_70000.jpg]

Hurray!!!...Completely different PlaKids, I think I will grab this train just for the Kids even thought I am not that thrilled with how it looks. Thanks Mod!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • mod thana