Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1697198 Views

(01-23-2020, 04:32 PM)Super Wrote: Oh, so they are real. Thank you very much for the information Mod. So the A-B sloped curve rails don't have open ties but are made a bit different with a few faux ties right?

What about the different supports used to hold the curve slopes? I have not seen them before
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2020, 03:39 AM by Super.)
(01-23-2020, 09:02 PM)confusedanddelayed Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 02:23 AM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: I went on the hobby search website, they are still not taking orders for S-34 train argh.

I've seen the S-34 on ebay.co.uk and ebay.com (sold from merchants in China). Not sure if the prices are competitive though. Here's one with free shipping:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tomy-Trackmas...SwkNReKD51

thanks. Sellers will charge an arm and a leg for those who missed the pre order.  

They need to find a way of securing the front coupling beneath the chassis.  I don't like it is kept on rubbing the track.  It may lead to derailment.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
@Leyland
That Front Hook is not meant to hang like that. It snaps up into the chassis and be completely hidden. This flip out front hook is not new for these type engines. I am guessing the maker of the video just didn't snap it up far enough although I would have thought he would correct that in video editing. You can see is this video how two different EF65's have the proper placement of the flip front hook https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DbYR8kAZ3Y

@AOF
Yes those are weird in my book and totally look out of place. We did discuss those earlier when first we saw a hint of this set.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(01-23-2020, 11:11 AM)Super Wrote:

Too bad he didn't show us how it works on a layout with bridges, tunnels, overpasses and other usual stuff. But I'm sure we will have that question answered soon...
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
In this video we see how well the long car carrier traverses a long slope rail and for fun shows  a trick with using double rails and an Auto Switch. Curious though, that this one also shows the front flip up hook hanging down like Leyland says.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
This:
[Image: EO9q-La-CUEAAPQ-n.jpg]
[Image: EO9q-Lbh-UEAAYKa-C.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Perfect, Thanks Vio, is that yours?

So no only is the carrier too high for Diecast cars its also too high for the plastic cars that come with it. And it also will bump the sides of a Riser if its on a curve.
(01-24-2020, 03:28 PM)Super Wrote: And it also will bump the sides of a Riser if its on a curve.

...and red electric pillars, and trains coming in opposite direction on double track curved rail. 
And bridges and tunnels and city stations J-13, J-26, if loaded with cars.
So it's pretty much useless in any layout that has anything but simple single tracks. Not so great.  Confused

Thanks for the pic, Vio.
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Super, violater
I wonder if it is able to switch track on double crossover
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
(01-24-2020, 03:28 PM)Super Wrote: Perfect, Thanks Vio, is that yours?

So no only is the carrier too high for Diecast cars its also too high for the plastic cars that come with it. And it also will bump the sides of a Riser if its on a curve.

My friend invited me over to take some snapshots of his collection. It doesn't bump the riser, just barely glides over it.
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • Mister No, Super