Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1695657 Views

Thanks Mr-No

Looks very similar in style to the Red Arrow but with different paint..
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Well, it actually is Red Arrow, it's labeled Red Arrow Classic.

Last year Tomy released New Red Arrow:

[Image: seibu01.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
That Red Arrow re-make that they released last year was another re-release that didn't move me and I thought the original was better so I sold the new one off. Like the remake of the Odakyu Romance Car 10000 I liked the original better but like the Romance Car I did like the fact that the re-release no longer had the big bulky side clips on the engine.

My mind is telling me I did side by side old vs new comparisons of these somewhere

Well my mind does tell me good things...

I didn't have to do a side by side for the Seibu Red Arrow as THIS Thread showed us a video comparison. I did have one ordered before this video came out so because of the video I sold it new when it arrived.

And HERE I did do a side by side comparison with the original Odakyu Romance Car VSE 10000 Series with the re-make.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
I saw some comparisions somewhere, but can't recall now. This beige one is actually the third plarail Arrow, isn't it?

It's rather nice, lovely silver details at front, looks like the original. If only they made it with lights!
  • Super
I update my Thread above with a couple Links.

I do believe there was an earlier Seibu Red Arrow 5000 Series that had similar color to the one you show but quite different in style.

This maybe?

[Image: t.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Maybe that's why this new one is called Classic. It's the color. And it looks nice. 

Good! Now all the Arrows are released and re-released, they can go back to the best looking Seibu trains - Seibu 9000! Smile This wrapped one would be great as a Plarail model:

At 1:09 or so the pink one is passing Classic Arrow.
  • mod thana
(07-17-2020, 01:11 PM)Super Wrote: I update my Thread above with a couple Links.

I do believe there was an earlier Seibu Red Arrow 5000 Series that had similar color to the one you show but quite different in style.

This maybe?

[Image: t.jpg]

2 versions: Old power and new power.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
I am confused with your Reply Vio...are you saying that there is only 2 total versions of the Plarail Red Arrows or there are 2 versions of that pictured first version of the Plarail 5000 Series? One with the old metal gear box motor friction driven and one with the plastic gear box motor that is geared axle driven?
(06-19-2020, 08:06 PM)Super Wrote: Then there is the question of, why is there a giant Panda Bear on the front of the Swine Wagon Box when it doesn't come with it?
Never mind, Fisher Price will help you out, coming soon in the new Thomas Motorized range...

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
New Seibu 10000

[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, mod thana