Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1694803 Views

New Takara Tomy Speed Jet video:

It's on the same layout with the lovely Kotoden trains. Even the Kotoden Song is adapted in Purareru Song (it's basically the same song)! Smile

I really don't like this Speed Jet train... looks so cheap & cartoony with those windows...  Confused
Hey, Tomy, please release these beautiful Kotodens too!!  Big Grin Angel
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Maybe they are adding the Kotoden trains to test the interest for a later build?

I see some neat city/high rise buildings in the video that would look great on your Layout Mr No. Big Grin

Personally, I am burned out with the Plarail Bullet Trains. I have too many as it is and to me they aren't very detailed but that is more due to the real Bullets trains not having much details due to aerodynamics so I can't fault Plarail. They are a big part of Japanese life so they are fitting for the market in which they are intended for. I would rather see some one of a kind trains even if they are made up, steamers or diesels than more Bullets but thats just me. Plarail does please me with a release I like once in a while so I am not complaining...er....maybe I am ....lolol Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No
My understanding is that the Jul-19 'P001 Red Flyer' was not a huge success, so I'm a little surprised that there's another fictional train due for release so soon after. I've not seen any suggestion that the SpeedJet is linked to any comic / manga / TV series / game or the like.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
I like my Red Flyer but there where two things I didn't care for, one easily fixed and the other not. Passengers on the windows were easily blacked out or removed altogether and the odd thing is that the lead car had no passengers seen in the windows making the whole thing look odd. The un-fixable was something that was observed by many in Japan when the prototype was revealed..is the fact the the PlaKid looking engineer in the front engine was not removable. Maybe the Red Flyer would have sold more as a 3 car box instead of having to by a whole big set with half trees and half station platform in it. Something I wish they would have done was put working head lights since they did put in clear plastic for them.
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10599553
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
(01-28-2021, 10:40 AM)Super Wrote: Maybe they are adding the Kotoden trains to test the interest for a later build?

I see some neat city/high rise buildings in the video that would look great on your Layout Mr No. Big Grin

These Kotoden trains are made by Takara Tomy for the event, so there might be a chance they will eventually release them... Maybe they are prototypes of the future releases... Tomy just took the footage from the event, changed the song, and made it into commercial. So you might be right, Super, and I really hope so. Kotodens are really nice and full of lovely details. If they release them, my only question would be how many of them I should buy! Big Grin

The whole layout looks just great, there are many elements that would look good on my layout... and many other layouts! I'm sure you could use them too, Super! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
I see that the early Pre-Orders have started for this Kenji and Thomas  set to be released March 25th. 6600yen...whew, seems pretty steep for what is included.

[Image: 51-QZ6t-Q-h-ML-AC-SL1100.jpg]
cant wait for the plarail attempt at season 25 characters *shudders*
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • Super
(01-28-2021, 09:55 PM)Super Wrote: I see that the early Pre-Orders have started for this Kenji and Thomas  set to be released March 25th. 6600yen...whew, seems pretty steep for what is included.

Hello Super, I cannot find the preorders online, could you post a link please?
Thank you!!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2021, 06:38 PM by Super.)
Some new pictures of the Thomas & Kenji Set:

[Image: pic_thomaskenji_01.jpg]
[Image: pic_thomaskenji_02.jpg][Image: pic_thomaskenji_03.jpg][Image: pic_thomaskenji_04.jpg][Image: pic_thomaskenji_05.jpg][Image: 4904810171041_3bbc0147388745baa16e2acbcc...998479.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, DuckGWR, Super
I know some of you said a motorized Sonny was unlikely, but remember that Mattel only made a push-along Sonny, so there's only hope that TOMY will do it themselves. And another thing, when will TOMY make a new Emily with the number 12?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Collin Joe's post:
  • DalaGStanator