Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1696046 Views

And the government thinks making more or even selling them is non essential. Plus Plarail's factories are in Vietnam and Thailand.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 4 users Like Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super
right.  Ford has numerous F150 trucks stuck in their US plant due to lack of computer chips available.  I heard the backlog will be worsen courtesy of factories being shut down.  

The city i live in already said if the workplace has more than 5 covid confirmed cases, the workplace must be shut down for at least 10 days.  Only essential workplaces such as hospitals, public transit garages are exempted from this order.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 3 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Off The Rails, Super
Surprise! There will be a new release in May after all!

Odakyu Corporation 5000 Series with Plarail Light

[Image: DHIUHLUDH.jpeg]

It's a limited edition. Release: Tuesday, May 11th, 2021 at 10:00 Smile

You'll be able to buy it at Odakyu Shop "TRAINS" (Shinjuku Station), Odakyu Line Exit West Izumi-Tamagawa, Romancecar Museum Store (May 12th), 7-Eleven Odakyu Marche Shinjuku Store · Ebina Store, Odakyu OX MART Odawara Store, and online > HERE.

2 Speed train, Lights, 1 AA battery

Price: 3000 JPY
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
In the Digital Catalog I noticed these 3 new releases. The new E233 is very interesting: it has now one-speed motor, a regular middle car (not a double-decker like a previous edition), and there is train-to-train-coupling (and I think it's a new system):

[Image: katalog2021.jpg]
Thanks Mr No, those last 3 don't look new to me. re-releases??? Maybe thats all they can do in the Chinese Virus times since the molds and presses are already made. The only thing that may be different is that these motor/chassis are all interchangeable  and possibly will work with the R/C chassis????? You are probably right with the new magnetic front coupling on the E233 as it looks to be the smaller new one.

That Sweet Train is the biggest disappointment I have had with Plarail trains. They pulled the old bait and switch as far as I was concerned. They had a preview of the model at the spring Plarail Expo, 2017 I think, at it was Gold Plated (think Muddy's Gold Thomas) and beautiful with all its detailing. I pre-ordered 2 sets and when they released at the end of that year imagine my disappointment when, upon receiving them, they weren't gold plated at all. The it was a terrible grey poupon yellow plastic that had no shine to it at all. I immediately sold both on Ebay as they weren't worthy of our collection. Shame on you Plarail for the bait and switch. Dodgy

At least the 5000 series is something new even though its not a retail release.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins
The new coupling on E233 (I think it will be actually back coupling, wouldn't it?) will be very useful. I already see a possible 4+3 cars combination, the extra car being that double-decker car from the previous E233 set... Also, there are not many commuter trains with this coupling possibility, so that's really something new, and I'm looking forward to it! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Of course you are right Mr No...the rear coupling. Blush
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
These two are also labeled "new" (nothing much new here either):

[Image: katalog2021josdva.jpg]

As far as I can tell, the only new releases in the "Plarail Thomas & Friends Department", according to this catalog, are:

[Image: katalog2021tomica.jpg]

And that's it? I hope for more new releases during the year. Well, there sure will be some "limited editions"... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
I guess it's a goodbye to the Jr Shikoku 8600 Series, old E353 Type Super Azusa, E233 series Shonan Color, & Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line 13000 Series.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • Super
(04-27-2021, 01:10 PM)Mister No Wrote: Odakyu Corporation 5000 Series with Plarail Light
This will be the first Plarail release with an LED light in it.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super