Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1695815 Views

Those of us who've been around here for a while will remember all the gnashing of teeth, forecasts of doom, and the imminence of the death of Plarail Thomas that accompanied Mattel's introduction of Trackmaster Revolution.

We're still waiting.  Remember that the TTTE brand is probably bigger in Japan than anywhere else in the world, and I have seen no evidence that Mattel have sought to have any influence over what TTTE releases Takara Tomy choose to make, or what shape they should be, what wheels they use, and what style of faces they have on them.

Just saying.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
I really hope Plarail keeps their Thomas range based off the CGI Series, not crappy reboot. And I think they should do re-releases of characters that have been discontinued over the years including Duck and Oliver instead of reboot products.

And I bet the reboot is why they haven't released that much Plarail Thomas products this year.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • GreatGordonFan
If Plarail brought back older characters and continued focusing on the CGI Series than Duck and Oliver could be redesigned to be based on their TV Series models while Donald and Douglas could use their TrackMaster 2012 redesigns.

Also would like to see Edward get remade to match his TrackMaster 2012 design. The 2018 design feels like a knock-off.
Oh, look! Someone turned that new station gray!  

[Image: New-Station-gray.jpg]

What say you, Super? Big Grin Angel
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Although I do like the gray...it doesn't make that station any better.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
I do not think Plarail will bring Back the Little Westerners but I do feel they will continue manufacturing the Plarail Thomas range due to how popular it has been in Japan for the last 29 years.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
I hope so, I bet Mattel is probaably going to force them to change the designs again to the reboot designs. I hope they decided to keep the CGI designs. In my opinion, they should bring back some old characters we know well and love. In act, 2022 will be the 30th Anniversary of the Popular Thomas & Friends range.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 10:01 AM by Super.)
@Ffar
What are " Little Westerners "
@Super The “Little Westerners” are Duck and Oliver. They are the engines that run the “Little Western” line (also known as Duck’s Branch Line) on Sodor. Other engines such as Donald and Douglas also work on this line occasionally, so I suppose “Little Westerners” could also refer to them.
plarail for life
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainsRawesome's post:
  • Super
Thanks T-Raw...my ignorance of Sodor is showing Undecided  I thought maybe it was a television series I had not heard of.