Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1695260 Views

It would appear Roller Coaster mountain has undergone yet another design change in its 14-year existence.
[Image: ulfstead-redesign-rollercoaster-mount.jpg]

Also, seems to be an exclusive(?) yellow truck with the return of the brown barrels.

The Thomas and the Freight Cars set has also been discontinued. I'm not sure if someone had brought that to the forums already but it is now discontinued.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
From Suzukawa's Twitter feed, @kinokostar_suzu

どきどきマウンテンDX, 11月上旬飛売予定!
DokiDoki Mountain DeLuxe, Early November release!

Previewed at the Kyoto Railway Museum, where there will be an exhibition of paintings to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the original Thomas publication, from 9th Nov.

Looks like a cheap and nasty redesign, the mountain consisting of two flat green interlocking plates. Not my idea of DeLuxe! Could be a new Thomas paint-job (& face) though?

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No
(09-09-2021, 07:23 AM)chrisjo Wrote: Looks like a cheap and nasty redesign, the mountain consisting of two flat green interlocking plates. Not my idea of DeLuxe! 

I agree. It looks like something Mattel would make.

Tomy likes re-releasing things nowadays, why not re-release this:

[Image: Plarail-Thomasthe-Tank-Engine-Doki-Doki-...Setbox.jpg]

...or this? Big Grin

[Image: THOMAS-THE-TANK-ENGINE-ROLLER-COASTER-MOUNTAIN-Set.jpg]

We should emphasize a very important fact though:

Lo and behold, ye prophets of doom, Plarail is still making Thomas & Friends engines and sets!

And there is nothing rebooted here:

[Image: plarail-thomas-kyoto.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
(09-09-2021, 01:12 PM)Mister No Wrote: I agree. It looks like something Mattel would make.

LOL...that is what first came to my mind too especially looking at those brown see through rails.

I am curious about the yellow van in the back of the picture which I am not so sure I have seen before and does it have a face or some other sticker on the front?

What is this Round table that looks to be gray Big Grin and what are those sheds? They look like the blue buttons are to shoot out an engine. Are the for a non-motorized line of trains?

[Image: imagen.jpg]

[Image: plarail-thomas-kyoto.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
The yellow van belongs to Nia
[Image: T-2007-04a.jpg]   [Image: image.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
The Answer Man comes through for me once again...Thank you Dr Chris Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No
I could be wrong, but it seems to me the brown slope rail doesn't end with the usual rail connector as on previous models, and without some customization the steep yellow slope must be the next track element:

[Image: Snimka-zaslona-190.png]

That's a bummer, because you cannot put another element there, like a bridge...

[Image: IMG-20210909-191229.jpg]

[Image: img41_2.jpg]

...and on the new one, the traffic in both directions would be impossible.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Those mountain sets would be good for that mountain cliff line on the Skarloey Railway.

Also I think Plarail needs to re-release the original Knapford Station.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThomasSirHandel's post:
  • Super
Thanks, I hate it. It looks like a current day TrackMaster set.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2021, 11:46 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fred_Pelhay's post:
  • Mister No
It sure does, it's somehow "hollow". It lacks dimensions: I just can't see a mountain here... Moreover, it's not very practical and imaginative because it allows only one way traffic (by looking at it, I concluded that the steep yellow slope must be used, making it impossible for the engines to go in the opposite direction). Thankfully, if someone wants one of the old Dokidoki sets, they are still very obtainable today; I have two previous sets and I love them! 

However, I must once again emphasize a very important fact: Takara Tomy is still in the business of making classical Thomas & Friends nice Plarail engines and even big sets like this one, and that's good. Classic blue plastic tracks "Thomas & Friends" line is most certainly not dead. Considering the consternation that the "other company" instigated by the infamous "reboot", that's really fantastic news. 

Maybe some of us won't like this set, but who cares! There'll be, very likely, more engines and sets from Tomy! That's all that matters. Smile